The Global Regional School System is looking for an Accounting Coordinator for the Region of Central Westchester.
The job description is attached.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:
GLOBAL REGIONAL SCHOOL SYSTEM – FINANCE AND ACCOUNTING SERVICES UNIT
The accounting coordinator will work closely with the principals of the Catholic School Regions of the Archdiocese of New York to provide Direct Financial administrative support and resolve financial and accounting issues. The Accounting coordinator will be assigned to no more than five schools and will be present in his or her assigned schools at least once a week. The accounting coordinator reports to the Treasury Supervisor and will ensure that there is a review of all information sent to the treasury operation unit.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Make on-site weekly visits to each assigned school.
- Collect and review vendor invoices and in school deposits with principal.
- Coordinate with principal on funding needs for upcoming events.
- Review actual income and expense reports with principal, answering questions and resolving issues.
- Process vendor invoices and consolidated bills using ConnectNow Accounting; maintain accounts payable files.
- Consolidate all accounts payable for business manager approval.
- Monitor financial records for accuracy.
- Coordinate with the treasury operation unit to review and identify exceptions in reports.
- Monitor account details for tuition, fees and collection; follow up with schools, as appropriate.
- Record banking deposits of funds received at the school level that are not electronically interfaced with the Treasury Operations Unit.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations for all school level bank accounts.
- Input payroll data for assigned schools.
- Manage and maintain all phases of the payroll process.
- In conjunction with the Human Resource Coordinators provide communication of personnel policies, employee benefits and program enrollment.
- Perform other related bookkeeping duties, as assigned.
- Four year accounting degree or equivalent experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Be able to work in a team environment to assist in carrying out the overall function of the regional office
- Be able to multi-task, be detail-oriented and highly organized
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience with ConncetNow accounting, Microsoft Sharepoint, Smart Tuition and Paychex is a plus.