The Global Regional School System is looking for Part Time Administrative Support Staff for the Upper Counties.
The job description is attached.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:
GLOBAL REGIONAL SCHOOL SYSTEM
FINANCE AND ACCOUNTING SERVICES UNIT
Part-time Administrative Support Staff – Upper Counties
The Archdiocese of New York has reorganized 91 of its elementary schools into a Global Regional School System (GRSS), with nine geographic school regions. Each one has a local, centralized business office that supports 9-15 schools. The entire GRSS is supported by the Global Regional School System Treasury Operations, which is responsible for the collection, processing, recording, transfer, outflow and reporting of all funds within the regional school system. The GRSS Finance and Accounting Services team works closely with school principals to provide direct financial administrative support.
Reporting to the Accounting Supervisor, the Administrative Support Staff will work closely with the Accounting Coordinators to ensure proper workflow and organization at the regional offices.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Administrative Support Staff will assist the Accounting Coordinators and Accounting Supervisor with administrative tasks, including:
- Assist the Accounting Coordinators in processing invoices and consolidated bills, and maintain accounts payable files.
- Assist the Accounting Coordinators with recording deposits of funds and reconciling school-level bank accounts that are not electronically interfaced with GRSS Treasury Operations.
- Assist with reconciling credit card transactions.
- Assist the Accounting Coordinators with the input of payroll data, including tracking of sick time and all payroll functions.
- Copy, scan, file and upload supporting documentation to SharePoint and the shared drives.
- Follow-up with the schools and/or vendors for any missing supporting documentation.
- Complete and assist in other tasks as directed by the Accounting Supervisor.
- Perform duties of the accounting coordinators as needed.
- Flexible to travel and work in either the Beacon or Florida regional offices as needed.
- A minimum of 1 year experience in office support role is preferred.
- Ability to multi-task, be organized and detail-oriented.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Be able to work in a team environment to assist in carrying out the overall function of the regional office.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, results oriented, web-based environment.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience with ConnectNow Accounting, Microsoft Sharepoint, Smart Tuition and Paychex a plus.