The Global Regional School System is looking for an Staff Accountant – Payables.
The job description is attached.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:
Position: Accountant- Payables, GRSS Treasury Operations
The Archdiocese of NY has reorganized its elementary schools into a Global Regional School System, with nine geographic school districts. Each one has a local, centralized business office that supports 8-12 schools. The entire Global Regional School System is supported by the Global Regional Treasury Office, which is responsible for the collection, processing, recording, transfer, outflow and reporting of all funds of the regional school system. The GRSS Treasury Operation will be the conduit for all financial reporting. The regional business offices will depend on the GRSS Treasury Operation to conduct their financial business.
Reporting to the Accounts Payable Supervisor and the Director of Treasury, the Accountant’s primary responsibility is assisting the schools in processing multiple financial accounts payable and credit cards for multiple entities within the GRSS Treasury Office.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Monitor and review credit card and purchase card online banking system.
- Ensure all supporting backup is present for credit card charges.
- Review general ledger system to ensure import from credit card system is correct.
- Assist in reviewing the accounts payable using PARISHSOFT (general ledger system).
- Work with Accounting Coordinators to resolve any invoice/vendor related issues.
- Review invoices for overall compliance with GRSS policy, (appropriate authorized signor, correct general ledger account coding, and invoices initialed as verification of receipt of goods or services).
- Respond to requests for information relating to status of unpaid invoices.
- Help with the import of payroll journal entries.
- Responsible for generating the payroll reports using PayChex as needed.
- Ensure files are properly maintained.
- Other related duties as assigned as required.
– Bachelor degree in accounting/finance.
– Must possess strong oral and written communication skills.
– Strong interpersonal skills.
– Proficient in Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel and Outlook.
– Ability to multi-task, be detail & deadline oriented and highly organized.