Position: Resident Advisor
Organization: Good Counsel Homes Inc.
Location: Bronx, NY
Catholic, pro-life mission organization seeks a compassionate and highly efficient team player to assist in the maintaining of a positive social, intellectual, emotional, and spiritual living environment for pregnant mothers and their children.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
* Attending to resident needs and helping to resolve issues.
* Teaching and advocating for the resident when necessary
* Monitoring the facilities in order to ensure resident safety and security.
* Participate in the proper operations of the home by enforcing house rules and policies.
* Preparing reports and maintaining appropriate documentation, as required.
* Facilitate multiple Life Skill courses for residents based on needs
* Overseeing congregate activities, such as meal times and life skill classes.
* Coordinating community service hours and other activities.
* Tracking residents, visitors, and volunteers within the home.
* Assisting with kitchen operations and clean-up as needed.
* Referring crisis situations or complex issues to the Supervisor.