The Global Regional School System is looking for a Treasury Supervisor – Bronx
The job description is attached.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: Denisse.Abreu@archny.org
The Archdiocese of New York has reorganized 92 of its elementary schools into a Global Regional School System (GRSS), with nine geographic school regions. Each one has a local, centralized business office that supports 9-15 schools. The entire GRSS is supported by the Global Regional School System Treasury Operations, which is responsible for the collection, processing, recording, transfer, outflow and reporting of all funds within the regional school system. The GRSS Treasury Operations will be the conduit for all financial reporting. The GRSS Treasury Operations will collect, process, and record data in order to provide a clear financial picture of each region/school. The GRSS Finance and Accounting Services team works closely with school principals to provide direct financial administrative support.
The Treasury Supervisor is responsible to oversee and support the accounting coordinators in their performance of financial and administrative operations for the regional schools. Reporting to the Director of Financial Operations, the Treasury Supervisor will identify, develop and coordinate resources to assist accounting coordinators with financial reporting and bookkeeping operations. The Treasury Supervisor will troubleshoot local issues and either resolve them or bring them to the Director of Financial Operations.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Coordinate with the Director of Financial Operations to update and implement standardized procedures for Regional financial operations.
- Perform ongoing analysis of field operating practices, specifically in the areas of record keeping and accounting, including implementing controls and suggesting revisions to established procedures.
- Communicate operating policies and procedures to the accounting coordinators within the region and serve as a representative to the Region from GRSS Treasury Operations.
- Maintain open communication with the Director of Financial Operations to ensure smooth Regional financial operations and timely identification and resolution of matters of concern.
- Stay current with all aspects of ConnectNow developments.
- Provide ongoing training to the accounting coordinators, especially in proper recording of all transactions in ConnectNow and Paychex procedures, to develop and maintain a strong support team.
- Ensure accurate and timely completion of work by accounting coordinators.
- Work with the Regional Business Manager to ensure billing approval procedures are followed.
- Review and approve invoices for proper general ledger coding
- Assist the Director of Budgeting in the monitoring and follow-up inquiries regarding regional and school-level budgets.
- When tasked by the Director of Financial Operations, work with the Regional Superintendent to resolve issues with the local schools.
- Perform duties of the accounting coordinators as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent work experience.
- A leader with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Be able to work in a team environment to assist in carrying out the overall function of the regional office.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, results-oriented, web-based environment.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience with ConnectNow Accounting, Microsoft Sharepoint, Smart Tuition and Paychex a plus.