Institutional Commodity Services (ICS) is looking for a Customer Service Representative
The job description is attached.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:
Institutional Commodity Services (ICS)
Customer Service Representative
Position Description: Institutional Commodity Services (ICS) is the central purchasing office for parishes, schools and Catholic institutions in the Greater New York area. Founded and headquartered in the Archdiocese of New York, it also serves the Archdiocese of Newark and the Dioceses of Albany, Bridgeport, Brooklyn and Camden.
The Customer Service Representative (CSR) is a full-time position. The Customer Service Representative is responsible to assist the sales representatives to place orders. This includes all matters associated with the order, as well as issues that may arise after delivery or within the vendor’s warranty period. The Customer Service Representative reports to the Customer Service Manager/Assistant to Executive Director
- Work closely with customers, vendors and sales representative to fulfill customer
inquiries and orders.
- Assist ICS sales representative to generate purchase orders with assigned vendors.
- Process all invoices for assigned vendors and submit to appropriate sales representative for approval.
- Maintain information on Lawson system.
- Process reoccurring invoices from the ICS mailbox.
- Monitor PO log for open orders.
- Follow up open orders to ensure timely delivery.
- Work with vendors on price changes, special requests, open orders.
- Interface with vendors and accounting on billing discrepancies and credit memos.
- Assist with the activities of assigned vendor contracts.
- Assist the sales representatives to investigate and resolve customer disputes and communicate results to accounting personnel.
- Assist the Executive Director with special projects, as directed.
- Work with sales team, vendors, product specialists and accounting.
- BS/BA degree preferred
- Demonstrated experience in customer service
- Working knowledge of Catholic church structure and organization
- Well-organized, with strong project management skills and ability to multi-task, set
priorities and meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Bi-lingual capacity preferred
- Excellent computer skills, including Word and Excel. Lawson preferred
- Outstanding initiative, work ethic and ability to work independently or on a team