Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:
Early Childhood Instructional Associate, Office of Early Childhood
- Office of Early Childhood
Reports to Director of Early Childhood Education
Works cooperatively with Early Childhood Operation Associate and Administrative Assistant to run an effective Early Childhood department.
Works with Associate Superintendent of Curriculum and Curriculum Associate to create necessary Early Childhood assessment tools for grades Kindergarten through 2nd grade.
Corresponds with ADNY Principals regularly supporting their Early Childhood program.
Provides support to upper county schools with NYSED Early Childhood UPK contracts.
- UPK Operations
Works with and builds relationships with 17 local school districts to implement curriculum and best practices required for UPK/Pre-K For All program.
Conducts site visits to schools/principals in early childhood best practices and what is developmentally appropriate (Pre-K Foundation for the Common Core Standards).
Proofreads and edits all proposal narratives and application materials for UPK RFP’s.
Attends all Professional Development workshops conducted by NYC Department of Education, Archdiocese of NY, and other LEA’s in Counties.
Organizes Professional Development workshops for ADNY early childhood teachers (i.e. Creative Curriculum, Work Sampling, Lakeshore).
Coordinates registration for all Professional Development workshops for principals, teachers and support staff.
Acts as a liaison to ADNY team of Early Childhood Instructional Specialists and assists them in daily operational needs on the class and building level.
Supports school principals in all areas of UPK operation and acts as a liaison to them in order to ensure proper programming. Also supports site visits and the interview process.
Acts as a liaison to ADAPP Social workers and Cooke Coaches servicing ADNY UPK programs and participates on emergency teams when necessary. Conducts monthly meetings with head of each organization to discuss support systems in place.
Acts as a liaison to the New York City Division of Early Childhood Education (DECE) on all levels.
- Ensures messaging to schools is consistent between NYC, Principals and Teachers.
- Establishes and maintains good relationships
- Ensures School are Complaint with all Early Childhood Regulations.
Manages compliance with UPK screenings and assessments including ESIR and Work Sampling System.
Manages compliance with UPK program assessments including ECERS-R and CLASS
- Detail and Priority Oriented
- Expert proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Proficiency in Adobe Acrobat
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills; with the ability to multi-task utilizing time management skills
- Ability to effectively communicate information via email and phone within our organization and schools as well as NYC Department of Education
- Assist in helping other office personnel with special projects when needed related to Early Childhood
- 9- 5 hours, must be able to stay late when there are deadlines. Occasional evening functions.
- Must be able to be my representative when I cannot be available
- Must be able to travel
- Required Masters in Education or Special Ed
- Must possess Early Childhood certification
- SDA/SAS/SBL certification preferred