The Legal Affairs Department is looking for a Senior Counsel – Catholic Charities.
The job description is attached.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:
OFFICE OF LEGAL AFFAIRS
ARCHDIOCESE OF NEW YORK
Position: Senior Counsel
DESCRIPTION: Not-for Profit Corporate Attorney to provide a wide range of legal services to the agencies and programs of The Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of New York, and also, as needed, to the Archdiocese of New York
Department: Office of Legal Affairs, Archdiocese of New York
The Office of Legal Affairs, which provides legal services to the Archdiocese of New York and other Catholic entities seeks an experienced attorney with at least five years of experience in not-for-profit, employment, compliance, corporate governance, insurance, litigation, trusts & estates and contract law to support The Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of New York.
The Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of New York assists the poor and vulnerable through a federation of human service agencies and thorough both private and government funded programs in ten counties of the New York metropolitan area: Ulster, Sullivan, Orange, Dutchess, Putnam, Rockland, Westchester, the Bronx, Manhattan and Staten Island.
Under the supervision of the General Counsel, the Senior Counsel is the principal in-house lawyer for Catholic Charities and will have regular interaction with Catholic Charities’ CEO, COO and other senior staff managers and administered programs and affiliated agencies and will be responsible for providing general not-for-profit corporate counseling, including:
- Not-for-profit corporate governance matters including assisting with the preparation of the board of director meetings, drafting corporate resolutions, maintaining corporate minute books, attending Catholic Charities’ board, committee and management meetings as requested;
- Human resources and employment related matters;
- Reviewing and drafting contracts, subcontracts and MOU’s, including government social services agreements, employment and consultant agreements, purchasing agreements, investment management agreements and debt financing agreements (secured and unsecured loans, letters of credit, lines of credit);
- Real estate and finance matters;
- Trusts and Estates;
- Litigation and discovery; and
- Provide general regulatory counsel in connection with Federal, state and local government funded programs, including programs for youth, immigrants and the homeless and programs for affordable housing.
Education and Experience
Juris doctorate from an accredited law school, admission to the New York Bar and a minimum of 7 years related experience.
This attorney must have strong analytical, organizational, written and oral communications skills, strong interpersonal skills and judgment and a demonstrated capability for working cooperatively in a team environment.