Archdiocese of New York
Position Title: Legal Assistant
Reports to: Attorneys in Office of Legal Affairs
Department: Legal Affairs
Status: Full Time
Summary: Legal Assistant to Attorneys in the Office of Legal Affairs
Duties and Responsibilities:
- On-site position reports to the Office Manager and attorneys.
- The primary focus of the position is to provide administrative support to the Catholic Charities and Archdiocese attorneys.
- Interact with clients of the Office of Legal Affairs in a professional, courteous and helpful manner.
- Review and prepare correspondence and written responses for attorneys.
- Maintain and organize legal documents and office files.
- Prepare legal documents from drafts and samples developed by the professional staff.
- Produce internal and external correspondence as directed by the professional staff.
- Prepare and maintain case files and spreadsheets.
- Perform manual and computer based research in support of professional staff activities.
- Conform to all policies, practices, methods and procedures supporting the Archdiocesan mission and ethical values.
Education and/or experience required:
- Significant work experience in a law firm or corporate environment or an Associates degree and some law firm experience.
- The right candidate will have excellent organizational, communication and computer skills.
- The successful candidate must have good judgment and people skills, and be able to work independently and effectively with in-house legal staff and clients.
Skills, Licenses, and/or competencies required:
- Proficient in word processing using Microsoft Word and database management, e.g., Excel and Access.
- Proficiency in administrative filing duties of a law office.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: Janet.Aurelio@archny.org