The Marketing Office is looking for a Director of Marketing
The job description is attached.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:
The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of New York is the second largest archdiocese in the country and offers a vast array of education, programming, events and resources across the boroughs of Manhattan, the Bronx and Staten Island, as well as in seven other New York State counties. Through its extensive network of churches, schools, charitable programs, and pastoral, social and education ministries, the archdiocese serves 2.8 million Catholics in roughly 300 parishes, and educates nearly 70,000 students from Pre-K to twelfth grade, including schools that serve some of the inner-city’s poorest children.
The Archdiocese of New York seeks a talented Director of Marketing (“Director”) to build strategies and lead marketing activities that connect parish staff to resources to support their work and engage New York area Catholics with their faith. The Director will work closely with leadership across archdiocesan programs to set goals and priorities. The Director will use print-based and digital media to produce internal and external communications including a quarterly magazine and several social media accounts. Reporting to the Executive Director of Communications, the Director will also see that the newly developed archdiocesan brand is carried through to ensure consistency and he/she will build on this brand to deepen engagement and align messaging.
The position is for a marketing and communications generalist. The successful candidate will be a creative problem-solver with hands-on experience in a wide range of media, both old and new, and will have worked on projects with a variety of audiences and goals. The ideal candidate must be a disciplined leader who is skilled at running initiatives and coordinating efforts across departments in a large organization. She/he must be a collaborative strategic thinker with supervisory experience, a collegial approach to management and the ability to build solid working relationships in a diverse environment. She/he must be a patient, direct and effective team leader who can create appropriate parameters for change. The successful candidate is a hands-on manager who has the ability to promote an open, inclusive environment with colleagues and staff that emphasizes cooperation and teamwork. She/he should demonstrate a passion for the Catholic faith.
- Oversee and manage marketing team to foster a creative approach to design while adhering to all deadlines for 12-15 ministry offices. The marketing department acts in an internal marketing agency capacity.
- Collaborate with senior leadership to develop integrated marketing strategies that will broaden programmatic reach and deepen impact
- Develop messaging guidelines that unify the work of the archdiocese across the ministry offices and align with newly established brand identity
- Ensure that the organization listens carefully to its various target audiences and allows their unique viewpoints to inform its work
- Coach and support departments in developing tailored strategies for marketing programs and resources
- Establish metrics to measure the effectiveness of marketing and communications efforts
- Oversee the delivery and implementation of the new archdiocesan website, scheduled to launch Dec 2019/Jan 2020
- Oversee the direction and production of Archways, the quarterly archdiocesan magazine
- Maintain oversight of bi-weekly all-employee newsletter and recommend new ways to foster cross-departmental collaboration
- Oversee staff executing on archdiocesan social media accounts to build engagement and audience
- Manage vendor engagements and outside consultants as needed and work with external partners on collaborative efforts
- A bachelor’s degree in marketing or related program and 10+ years of relevant professional experience (including management experience) are required. An advanced degree is desirable.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Served in a strategic leadership role in marketing and communications at a multi-faceted organization
- Developed clear metrics to judge performance and results
- Created and implemented effective marketing plans and campaigns, preferably executed across divisions or organization chapters
- A minimum of five years’ experience in the planning, writing, editing and production of newsletters, press releases, annual reports, marketing literature, and other print publications and directories
- Exceptional project management skills
- Superior management skills; ability to build relationships with and engage direct and indirect reports and peers
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior leadership
- Managed multilayer brands designed for different audiences
- Experience with designing and producing websites and coordinating content
- Creatively and thoughtfully leveraged new media technologies
- Expanded proficiency using social media, WordPress, HTML, Adobe Acrobat, Creative Suite and Microsoft Office applications, especially PowerPoint
- Commitment to the mission of the Archdiocese of New York
For more information about the Archdiocese of New York, visit http://archny.org/.