The Marketing Office is looking for a Marketing Manager
The job description is attached.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:
Archdiocese of New York
The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of New York is the second largest archdiocese in the country and offers a vast array of education, programming, events and resources across the boroughs of Manhattan, the Bronx and Staten Island, as well as in seven other New York State counties. Through its extensive network of churches, schools, charitable programs, and pastoral, social and educational ministries, the archdiocese serves 2.8 million Catholics of different ethnicities, backgrounds and ages in roughly 300 parishes, and educates nearly 70,000 students from Pre-K to twelfth grade, including schools that serve some of the inner-city’s poorest children. Additionally, through its work with Catholic Charities, the Archdiocese of New York ministers to hundreds of thousands of individuals and families in need through emergency shelter, mental health, crisis intervention, immigration and refugee services, adoption and foster care, youth enrichment, job readiness and placement, disaster response and recovery, early intervention and special education, and transitional and affordable housing provided by church-sponsored housing developments.
The Archdiocese of New York seeks a marketing manager to support the marketing office in the delivery of services to the ministry and department offices of the archdiocese. This includes supporting the team and working directly with colleagues across offices in the planning and implementation of program and event materials. This also includes supporting a consistent brand identity across the Archdiocese through our recent rebranding and soon-to-launch website. This person will be responsible for overseeing the user experience for our on-going digital asset management system, under the guidance of the marketing director. This individual will work on a range of Archdiocese programs to ensure projects stay on track, digital assets are organized and communication among stakeholders is strong.
- Act as an account manager for multiple internal clients (ministry offices, such as Adult Faith Formation, Youth Faith Formation and Family Life). Consult with these clients on their goals, priorities and upcoming events and programs.
- Work with creative design team to provide the information they need to develop meaning and impactful materials to support ministries and departments.
- Keep all assigned projects running on-time, managing the process from beginning through delivery of final materials.
- Primary point person for Webdam, the digital asset management system of the archdiocese. This includes troubleshooting, managing the database, adding and training new users and keeping abreast of new product features to make sure we are using the tool effectively and efficiently.
- Compile datapoints (distribution, open rates, social media engagement, event attendance) to measure performance of various initiatives managed or promoted by the team.
- Help develop presentations, documents and reports of various kinds as projects arise for the department.
- Research vendors, draft RFPs for projects and present recommendations, as needed.
A bachelor’s degree in marketing or related program and 3-5+ years of relevant professional experience are required. Advanced degree in marketing or communications is a plus.
The ideal candidate:
- Is highly organized, curious and eager to learn
- Has the ability to balance competing priorities and adhere to deadlines
- Has the ability to clearly convey ideas orally and in writing
- Possesses strong research skills
- Has solid interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong, trusting relationships with colleagues across departments
- Is proficient in social media, WordPress, HTML, Adobe Acrobat, and Microsoft Office applications, including PowerPoint
- Shows commitment to the mission of the Archdiocese of New York
For more information about the Archdiocese of New York, visit http://archny.org/.