APPLY: Applicants should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line: “Office Assistant.” The cover letter should explain how your skills, experience, and future goals relate to the position and organization.
NRI is seeking an Office Assistant, who will be responsible for assisting office operations and management. Applicants should be self-starters who can anticipate the needs of a busy office and who enjoy working in a professional, fast-paced environment. The Office Assistant will report to the Vice President of Finance and Operations. This position will be based at NRI’s headquarters in New York City and key responsibilities include:
- Serving as office liaison at front desk, cordially receiving guests, managing security check-in;
- Coordinating schedules for conference rooms and appointments for key personnel, managing office maintenance appointments;
- Providing professional communication answering main phone lines: screening appropriately, as well as answering questions and addressing complaints;
- Assisting with general office upkeep: maintaining reception, pantry, conference rooms, and communal spaces, managing the ordering and budget for office supplies;
- Assisting with the coordination of meetings and events: ordering business meals, preparing materials, and set-up and clean-up for in-office corporate meetings, events, and evening receptions;
- Assisting with the performance of various executive, managerial, and administrative tasks, such as database maintenance, data entry, and mailings.
QUALIFICATIONS: The Office Assistant should ideally have completed a bachelor’s degree and have at least two years prior office experience. Ideal candidates will demonstrate professionalism, excellent communication, organizational, time management, and multi-tasking skills, and a strong attention to detail. Living in New York City or close proximity is desirable due to the work requirements. The Office Assistant must have facility with basic computer software programs.
COMPENSATION: Competitive salary commensurate with experience.