Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:
Office of Young Adult Outreach for the Archdiocese of New York
The Office of Young Adult Outreach works to connect Catholic young adults to resources, events, and likeminded peers, while simultaneously developing new initiatives in order to build the future of the Church. With the use of a powerful communications infrastructure- including thousands of contacts and a global website- the Young Adult Outreach Office utilizes powerful and well branded marketing tools to serve young adults seeking Catholic resources.
Working with the largest Archdiocesan Young Adult Outreach program in the country, the Office Administrator will work closely with the Director and Assistant Director to manage the day to day running of the office. While the position largely consists of office work, the office administrator will also assist with event planning and preparations as needed and will attend and work some events, particularly for the Young Adult Masses, Catholic Underground, and Love and Responsibility Summer Series among others.
- Perform all that is asked from the Director and Assistant Director of Young Adult Outreach.
- Manage administrative functions to ensure smooth and efficient operations of the department.
- Keep the Director’s calendar – scheduling and coordinating meetings.
- Frequent communication with the coordinators for the Director.
- Track expenditures, keeping Director and Assistant Director informed.
- Assist the Director and Assistant Director in planning and preparing for special events as needed.
- Put together the weekly Catholic NYC email blast and put in calendar.
- Make updates to the CatholicNYC website.
- Maintenance of Young Adult Outreach Office (purchasing supplies, shredding, keeping organized, etc.)
- Open the office in the morning, typically at 9:30 a.m.
- Greet all visitors who come to the Young Adult Office.
- Answer phone calls.
- Respond to daily requests from young adults, providing resources and assistance.
- Assist with the Young Adult Mass.
- Assist with the Love & Responsibility Summer Series.
- When required, attend and assist at various young adult events, requiring some nights and weekends.
- Help to set up/take down all required young adult events.
- Help the Director set up the Archdiocesan Leaders meeting 3 times a year. (Primarily helping with emails).
- Attend all Leader Meetings.
- Run table at Catholic Underground.
- Assist the Assistant Director in booking travel, hotels and conferences.
- Track employee vacation and personal days for the office.
- Collect and turn in employee timesheets, once approved by the Assistant Director.
- Make major office purchases, once approved by the Assistant Director.
- Prepare payments for all invoices to be approved by the Assistant Director.
- Attend to organized binders, filing and shredding documents.
- Edit some correspondence, memos, email blasts, etc. when needed.
- Assist with various tasks that come up throughout the year.
- Represent the Archdiocese in a professional and positive manner.
- Implement all that is asked from the Director and Assistant Director.
- Opening the office in the morning, typically at 9:30 a.m. (time depends on evening events).
- Attend various young adult events as needed, requiring nights and weekends.
- Committed to live, and ability to articulate, the teachings of the Catholic Church.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong social and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent ability to follow directions.
- Ability to be flexible and work well in a team.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Proficiency in MS Office – Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Marketing abilities. Graphic design skills preferred.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.