The Office of Hispanic Ministry is looking for an Office Manager.
The job description is attached.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:
Office of Hispanic Ministry
The Office Manager assists in the overall operation of the Office of Hispanic Ministry while coordinating and providing assistance to the Directors ensuring that office policies and procedures are followed. The Office Manager must work on weekends and off hours, as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Reports to the Director of Hispanic Ministry;
- Monitors the office compliance with the policies of the Archdiocese of New York, according to the employee handbook and policy manual;
- Responsible for all payments and deposits;
- Maintains Excel work sheet for all payments/deposits and produces a quarterly report for review by the Director of Hispanic Ministry;
- Maintains an up to date student and professor database for all of the locations of the Archdiocesan Felix Varela Hispanic Institute for Hispanic Adult Faith Formation;
- Manages and orders all office supplies;
- Receives, inputs, and maintains donor database for Hora Catolica and Misa Del Domingo. Provides quarterly report on the donor database to the Director of Hispanic Ministry and the Director of Hispanic Communications;
- Distribution of incoming mail, processing outgoing mail, and maintenance of all office files;
- Maintains personnel records and provides overall telephone coverage for the office;
- Keep up with leave and time records for the Office of Hispanic Ministry;
- Arrange travel for Directors, as needed;
- Monitors, inputs, and schedules appointments for the Director and the Director of Hispanic Communications;
- Assumes responsibility for overall office appearance;
- Assists the staff in all mailings;
- Maintains a good working relationship with staff and visitors;
- Accepts performance based criticism, direction, and works well under pressure;
- Meets attendance requirements as established by the Archdiocese of New York;
- Schedules training for new and current staff members (Safe Environment- VIRTUS, Technology, etc).
- Maintain an up to date record of all documents and emergency contact information for each staff member;
- Coordinate the Hispanic Mass celebrations at the Cathedral of Saint Patrick and complete check list for each of the Hispanic Mass celebrations;
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Publisher), Social Media, WEB, and Data Entry.
- Must be able to speak, read, and write clearly in Spanish and English;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Performs other duties as assigned.