The Office of Parish Finance is looking for an Assistant Manager of Parish Finance.
The job description is attached.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:
Reporting to the Manager of Parish Financial Review, the position is responsible for assisting and supporting the manager in the review and analysis of budget and actual financial data reported by the parish and/or its related entities (e.g. school, high school, and cemetery). The role will be responsible for writing analytical reports on parishes and related entities on construction project approval, refinancing of debt, development of capital campaigns and various other requests for approval made to the Archbishop, Chancellor or Chief Financial Officer from the parishes. The role is responsible for developing recommendations to the manager for improving the parish’s financial condition, as well as providing individual financial planning advice to the various parishes.
The Assistant Manager of Parish Financial Review role has the following duties:
- Support and assist the manager in review of parish financial data and testing of information for accuracy.
- Prepare reports discussing the financial condition of parishes under review and make recommendations to support senior management’s project-approval process.
- Provide assistance in the designing and implementation of standardized reporting of parish financial information.
- Write special reports as requested by management.
- Expedite collection process on loans.
- Annual/Quarterly review performance of loans.
- Administrative Support as needed in the preparation of project finance documents.
BA degree in either finance or accounting. One – two years experience in related finance/accounting work is preferred. Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word (knowledge of Microsoft Access is a plus). Strong oral and written communication skills are required, a team player, as well as the ability to work with limited supervision. Applicant must sensitive to the confidential nature of the information being reviewed.