Position Title: Office Support Assistant (Per Diem/On-Call)
Purpose: Performs a variety of office functions in support of Seminary personnel, as needed.
Location of Campus: Yonkers
Direct Supervisor: Supervisor of Support Staff, Events Coordinator, and Assistant to the Rector for External Affairs
Position Duties and Responsibilities of Office Support Assistant:
- As needed, this position provides clerical and event related support to Seminary personnel. Duties include but not limited to: covering the main Reception Office (see Receptionist duties listed below), filing, photocopying, faxing, conducting research, document drafting, creating reports with pie charts and graphs, assisting with preparations for internal/external functions, setting up and breaking down of decorations and equipment in collaboration with personnel and seminarians. Performs other duties as required by the Supervisor of Support Staff, Vice-Rector, Rector, and other Department heads.
Position Duties and Responsibilities of Receptionist:
- Welcomes and directs all visitors to designated meeting location, answers the phone promptly and routes calls to the appropriate person or department. Maintains overnight guest log.
- Assures the readiness of the reception area for each working day; be ready to welcome the visitors at the designated start time and promptly have all front desk activities fully operational at the start of the business hours.
- Monitors and maintains all office equipment (i.e. copier, fax, and postage machines) and inventory relevant to reception area. The receptionist will make the necessary arrangements when service and repair of these machines are needed.
- Receives and sorts mail, faxes, newspapers, and deliveries. Distributes mail in a timely fashion.
- Replenishes the seminary’s promotional materials located at the reception lobby and the posting of information, as needed.
- Maintains on-call status. Possible shift time schedules; evenings, days, and weekends.
- Education preferred: Associate Degree
- Minimum qualification of one year’s work experience in customer service; additional qualification as an Administrative assistant a plus. Bilingual language skills a plus.
- Flexibility according to seminary need.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and other office applications.
- Experience with data collection, data entry, and developing reports.
- Handles confidential information with tact and discretion.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Possesses the demeanor and ability to adjust to priorities or situations as they occur.
- Good organizational and effective communication skills.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: Danielle.Pizzola@archny.org