Seeking a roommate for a joint lease starting on May 1st.
You can’t beat the location or the community! Steps from Astoria Park and a short walk to the NW train at the Ditmars station, this adorable apartment is in a residential, quiet, and quaint area of Astoria, Queens.
For rent is a private bedroom in a 2 bedroom apartment. This cozy room has plenty of sunlight and a small storage space and can easily fit a queen size bed. All furniture pictured is for sale. My current roommate is moving to Texas to be closer to her family and would be happy to sell the furniture in the room and in the common spaces of the apartment. Some of the features of the apartment include:
• Not a Walk-up! Renovated semi-basement apartment with private entrance.
• Laundry in the unit
• Shared outdoor patio, great for barbeques
• Half a block from Astoria Park along the East River, with a free swimming pool, running track and running club, tennis courts, tons of free concerts and fitness classes, bike paths, carnivals, and the most amazing fireworks display!
• Pet Friendly – Cats and birds only please!
• Steps from some of the best and most diverse restaurants, great bars with live music, and quaint coffee shops for working/studying!
• On-call property manager to handle repairs as needed
Rent is $1088 per month plus shared utilities/internet.
A little about me, your potential roommate! I am 33, and a hospitable Midwestern girl from Nebraska turned New Yorker after living here for 12 years, 8 of them on this same block! I am an event planner by trade and I am a ministry leader for a young adult Catholic fellowship where I am responsible for planning our monthly dinners. I love to cook for friends, drink wine and barbecue on the patio in the warmer months, go out with friends, watch TV and movies, travel whenever I can, and spend time outdoors as much as possible. I look forward to meeting you to see if we would be a good roommate match!
If you’re interested, please send me a brief bio and any questions you may have. Please let me know if you would like to move in sooner. The room will actually be available as of April 1st with the lease starting on May 1st.
(details: please no couples! No dogs! No drugs and no smoking! Security deposit and background check required.)