St. Joseph’s Seminary is looking for a Part-Time Administrative Assistant
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: Dpizzola@dunwoodie.edu
|Terms:||Part Time Employee||Education:||Associate Degree|
|Experience:||1-2 years||Base Pay:||Hourly|
|Location:||Yonkers, NY||Reports to:||Events Coordinator/Supervisor of Support Staff|
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
Represents an administrative presence of St. Joseph’s Seminary at the main campus in Yonkers (Dunwoodie). Provides office support to the events coordinator/supervisor of support staff and St. Joseph’s Seminary faculty and staff, with tasks including but not limited to:
- create and modify reports and online surveys;
- conduct research for various offices;
- assist with prep work for internal/external functions in collaboration with other members of the seminary community;
- assist with maintaining the seminary’s calendars, spreadsheets, e-mail distribution lists, records (electronic and original paper files);
- provide coverage at the reception office and perform the position duties and responsibilities of the receptionist, as needed;
- office and records management, such as monitoring and maintaining office supplies and inventory relevant;
- perform other duties as required by the events coordinator/supervisor of support staff or the rector.
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday: 9:30am – 3:30pm (20- 24 Hours per week)
Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Education preferred: Associate Degree
- Flexibility according to seminary needs.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and other office applications.
- Open to learning new technologies
- Experience with data entry and developing reports.
- Handles confidential information with tact and discretion.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Possesses the demeanor and ability to adjust to priorities or situations as they occur.
- Good organizational and effective communication skills.
About the Employer
St. Joseph’s Seminary and College’s primary mission is to serve the Church by forming men for the Catholic priesthood. St. Joseph’s functions as the principal institution of priestly formation for the Archdiocese of New York, the Diocese of Brooklyn, and the Diocese of Rockville Centre and welcomes seminarians from other archdioceses, dioceses, eparchies, and other religious congregations. St. Joseph’s Seminary serves the Church by offering a graduate theological degree program to qualified students, including candidates for the Permanent Diaconate, lay men and women, men and women in consecrated life, and clergy.