To apply, please click here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1dEjWkxFCwOVxWH4qTHDqYQCXi7U2Ut2Gxs6QqnGrca0/viewform?c=0&w=1
Appleseed Communications is seeking a part-time Client Media Maven with a “can-do” attitude to manage client accounts. In this role, you will help develop public relations strategy, drive media features, manage campaigns, liaise with the client’s internal team, and perform client consultations. This position is a great opportunity to take on a leadership role in a quickly growing company that embraces and encourages female entrepreneurs.
WHO ARE WE?
Appleseed Communications is a Public Relations firm founded by Ashley Crouch to serve and empower rising female entrepreneurs.
WHAT DO WE DO?
Our clients are innovative, goal-oriented, world-changing leaders in the “live your best life” space (i.e. health & wellness, relationships, and business & career). We offer our clients public relations training (branding, media/press release pitching, comprehensive target audience reach), communications strategy and execution, article editing and pitching, power hour consultations, and diverse customized launch campaigns.
We work with visionary women entrepreneurs increase their visibility, reach more people, and impact the globe.
ABOUT YOU: JOB REQUIREMENTS
Are you craving meaningful work and wanting to make a difference in the world? Welcome to Appleseed.
QUALITIES THAT MAKE US LOVE YOU:
- You are growth minded, resourceful, and coachable. You want to expand as a person and a professional and are seeking a growth-oriented environment.
- You have a blend of tenacity and follow-through with lots of heart to be empathetic to clients.
- Personal responsibility is one of your core values, and you are committed to being drama-free.
- You take pride and ownership on doing your job well and making others feel happy, taken care of, and organized.
- You bring a proven ability to concept creative ideas and strategize how to best amplify said ideas through media (candidate should have no problem offering up examples of times they thought outside of the box to build measurable buzz for their own business or clients).
- You are a self-starter and get a thrill from bringing ideas to the table.
- You have a knack for juggling multiple projects simultaneously and staying cool as a cucumber.
- Detail is your middle name and you have superb professionalism, while keeping it creative and fun. Our VIP clients love to laugh while changing the world!
- You understand how to craft a warm email that leaves the recipient feeling amazing.
- You are able to multitask and meet deadlines efficiently. In fact, you are one of those people who always seeks to be on time with tasks, and doesn’t understand how some people can be regularly so disorganized and tardy.
- You know how to prioritize the most important tasks (at times with minimal guidance), and how to think on your feet.
- You go above and beyond to do a job well done.
- You have 3 – 5 years of experience in Public Relations or Journalism. Or if you do not, you are dying to learn and hustle.
- You love networking and have established trusted media relationships who have relied on you in the past to bring them great, thoughtful stories – particularly TV, online journals, and magazines.
- Your jam is working with women who are world-changers, disrupters, and innovators in the “live your best life” space (i.e. relationships, business, authors, coaches, designers, tech and consumer brands)
- You have access to high speed Internet, and the availability in your schedule to respond to emails with urgency and timeliness.
- You have a degree in Communications, Mass Communications, Public Relations, or Journalism.
- Event coordination experience a plus.
- Copywriting experience a plus.
- Experience providing or being media trained.
Feel like we just wrote your biography? Here are the JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Seek and find potential clients, navigate pitch meetings, and close deals.
- Conceptualize media campaigns, launch strategy, and movement building techniques for emerging brands over a 6 – 12 month period.
- Set and lead media strategy with the counsel and direction of the Director
- Delivery of in-depth coverage in top tier outlets (ex. J, NEW YORK TIMES, WIRED, AP, CNN, Bloomberg, Forbes, Entrepreneur, Inc, Mashable, tc.) on a regular basis.
- Have fun building and maintaining own relationships with reporters via regular coffee/soul-cycle/cocktail parties/office meet-ups.
- Demonstrate ability to think creatively, critically, and strategically about a client and routinely generate new and interesting story lines *proactively*.
- Advise clients on short and long term strategy, managing expectations and appropriately setting goals, timelines and deliverables.
- Pitch client to journalists, schedule media interviews, follow up, and ensure story runs.
- Offer weekly strategy calls and EOW reports to keep projects on track
- Track progress in notes for final report later.
- Manage email inbox and respond to requests in a timely manner
- Go above and beyond to make clients and VIP contacts feel attended to and heard.
- Take ownership of your accounts and be ready to report.
PERKS & BENEFITS
- Work From Home Flexibility
- The NICEST teammates, bar none
- Life coaching opportunities
- Our Pretty Okay Reputation (But really, see our testimonials.)
- Impressive Client Roster
- A finger on the pulse of women entrepreneur landscape
- A voice to contribute toward the clients you work on
Estimated Hours Per Week: 20+ hours
Compensation: Please include your salary requirements with your application.
HOW TO APPLY
Please link at the top of the page to complete our brief application and upload your resume. If we feel that you are a good fit, we will reach out to you directly. Deadline to apply is EOD 4/17.
Thank you for your interest in Appleseed Communications!