The Staff Assistant is a part-time staff person (25 hours/week) supervised by the Parish Administrator. They will be responsible for providing administrative support for the various ministries of the church. This position will require work hours on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, and attendance at one Sunday worship service a month if not a regular attender.
• Create Sunday and seasonal service bulletins.
• Perform regular church website updates.
• Provide administrative support for parish events.
• Circulate parish communication including weekly emails and special updates.
• Maintain updated databases.
• Coordinate calendar of building use and communicate with groups that use the building.
• Maintain and coordinate rental contracts with groups using the building.
• Maintain office equipment and supplies.
• Answer phones, relay messages, respond to general voice mail and email.
• Sort, file and distribute mail and other deliveries.
• Respond to questions and needs of those who come to the door.
• Support Rector, Parish Administrator and Ministry Directors as needed.
• Attend one Sunday worship service every month, alternating AM and PM (if not a regular attender)
• A desire to serve God in the ministries of an active and diverse church body
• Demonstrates self-awareness, emotional health and mature character.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
• Excellent proofreading and editorial skills.
• Flexible and multi-task oriented.
• Careful attention to detail.
• Proactive and takes initiative rather than waiting to be directed.
• Ability to do creative problem solving on the fly.
• High degree of computer proficiency: Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe In Design, Photoshop, GarageBand