Patron Services Manager
Updated July 2021
Purpose of the Position:
The Patron Services Manager is responsible for the management of all front-of-house activities including Box Office and House Management to ensure exemplary guest experiences and safety. Patron Services Manager will schedule and supervise a large part time staff covering the areas of box office sales, house management, concession, and ushering- the core of the Sheen Center’s patron experience. He or she must ensure that the Sheen Center is able to achieve implementation of exemplary industry-standard box office and front of house operations. Patron Services Manager exercises financial oversight of box office and concession sales and monitors policies and procedures related to cash sales and reconciliation according to established Archdiocesan guidelines. The Patron Services Manager must interface effectively with a variety of internal and external constituencies. Internally, these include senior staff, production personnel and Facilities Manager. Externally, the Patron Services Manager interfaces with clients and producers in order to gather critical box office and event information and then guides the implementation of all event and ticketing setup.
Reports to: Director of Business and Facility Operations
FLSA Status: Exempt
Desired Candidate Characteristics
The Patron Services Manager must be a strong manager with exemplary interpersonal, communications and organizational skills with the ability to create and maintain an environment in which all front of house employees are knowledgeable and operate at a high level of effectiveness. Patron Services Manager must have outstanding management and planning skills including the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously with the ability to be flexible, a team player and effectively adapt to change. Patron Services Manager must have the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with demonstrated experience as a self-directed manager who can produce results. As with all. staff positions, candidate should be in strong alignment with Sheen Center mission and goals.
- Oversee all guest services functions with an emphasis on providing exemplary guest experiences giving personal attention to subscribers, donors and VIP’s with special emphasis on providing assistance to guests with disabilities.
- Direct the daily operations of the box office including staffing, cash management, event settlements, creation of events in AudienceView and providing reports to various departments and clients as needed.
- Organize and supervise box office, house management and concession staff for events. Arrange custodial support for events as needed and report and facility issues to Facility Manager.
- Recruit, train, and supervise staff in the areas of box office, concessions and house management. Assist with staffing of Sheen Center front desk as needed.
- Works closely with the Director of Communications and Advancement team to put events on sale in an accurate and timely manner and provide all requested sales and analytic reports. Provide assistance with special events as required.
- Liaises with Director of Business and Facility Operations in reporting and reconciling cash sales and recording and reporting payroll for area.
- Plans concession menus and manages inventory with particular emphasis on providing a variety of quality items with an emphasis on profitability.
- Works closely with related staff in the formation of sales and service policies, pricing and strategies.
- Serves as a primary point of contact with rental clients and producers to set up, monitor and adjust box office and house operations and serve as liaison with outside ticket vendors such as TDF, TodayTix and Goldstar.
Education and Experience:
A Bachelor’s degree in the arts or a relevant field and a minimum of 3-5 years’ previous work experience that includes substantive box office experience and managerial responsibility is required. Familiarity with industry standards for all Front-of-House roles is necessary as well.
- Valid NYC Fire Guard (F-03) status or must be obtained and be familiar with Sheen Center venue capacity limits.
- Familiar with Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) laws and regulations as they pertain to performance venues as serve as ADA Coordinator.
- Valid AED/CPR certification or must be obtained within thirty days of employment,
- Valid ServSafe Food Manager and TIPS Alcohol Certification or must be obtained within sixty days of employment.
Fast paced environment with flexible hours including frequent required nights and weekends,
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: DavidDiCerto@sheencenter.org