The Pension Office is looking for a Pension Analyst.
The job description is attached.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:
Reporting to the Director of Retirement Plans & Actuary, pos1t10n provides administrative and project-related support to the Pension Office and professional service to employees and employers participating in the Archdiocese’s defined benefit pension plans.
Essential Position Responsibilities
- With the direction and guidanceof other members of the Pension Office staff, gain proficient competencies with respect to pension plan benefits, rules, calculations and
- Respond to phone and written inquiries related to general retirement requests (g. plan eligibility, pension benefit calculations and timing of pension commencements) and annual benefit statements.
- Perform updates to participants’ personal data that are received in writing by the Pension
- Perform benefit calculations with accuracy and completeness for review and approval by senior Pension Office
- Complete processing of new retiree retirement election forms including initial review of submission for completeness, entering election information into the retirement management system and transmitting completed and approved forms for payment processing to outside ve
- Perform high-volume printing, mailing, scanning, filing and other administrative
- Assist in the preparation and distribution of materials for quarterly Pension Committee
- Assist in various projects as required, including, but not limited to, mass mailings, internal audits and annual pension census
- Adhere to all processes, procedures and rules related to the administration of the pension
- Maintain strict confidentiality when working with employee and retiree data.
Required Education, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor ‘ s Degree required, preferably in mathematics, applied mathematics, accounting, statistics, economics or business
- 1+ years of pension plan administration experience preferred
- Strong math/analytical capabilities
- Ability to interpret and validate data
- Ability to learn customized retirement management system and build queries
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel
- Excellent interpersonal, and oral and written communications skills
- Ability to work in a highly organized fashion and manage workload to enable participants to receive retirement benefits and/or information in a timely manner
- Proven professionalism, positive team-player attitude, strong work ethic and a drive for delivering superior customer service
- Ability to read, speak and write Spanish preferred