The Development Office is looking for a Principal Gifts Manager.
The job description is attached.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
ARCHDIOCESE OF NEW YORK
Principal Gifts Manager
Campaigns Overview: For over 200 years, parishes in the Archdiocese of New York have been spiritual homes to millions of Catholics from every conceivable background and ethnicity. And as our Church has grown and changed over time, so have its needs. In order to meet these changing needs, the Archdiocese of New York has embarked upon a $200 million capital campaign, Renew + Rebuild. The primary purpose of this campaign is to renew and revitalize our faith communities by providing support to our parishes, clergy, schools, and charities.
In addition, the Cardinal’s Annual Stewardship Appeal supports the daily operating costs of the Church in New York, including mission and evangelization efforts, seminary formation, the care of retired priests and religious, needy parishes, Catholic schools and religious education, and various works of charity.
As part of the ADNY Development team, you will play an invaluable role in aiding pastors and parishioners to build and sustain active ministries and vibrant community life throughout the Archdiocese of New York.
Primary Responsibility: Oversee a portfolio of 200-250 donors at the principal gifts level ($10,000+)
Direct Supervisor: Director, Cardinal’s Annual Stewardship Appeal
- Manages a portfolio of 200-250 donors at the principal gifts level ($10,000+)
- Plans and implements strategies from cultivation activity to gift closure; reports progress toward achievement
- Maintains a current knowledge of Archdiocesan programs and fundraising priorities
- Renews or upgrades approximately 80% of current portfolio donors
- Identifies donors who are capable of being upgraded to the leadership giving level ($100,000+)
- Manages special projects as needed
- Stewards a portfolio between $2M and $4M with an increase of 5-10% in revenue annually
- An articulate and engaging self-starter
- Passionate about building relationships and promoting the mission of the Archdiocese
- An organized team player with impeccable attention to detail
- Skilled at carrying out multiple and diverse tasks concurrently
- Motivated to constantly seek ways to improve fundraising results
- Adept at working collaboratively with colleagues across departments
- A bachelor’s degree and at least 3-5 years of fundraising experience with measurable results and a strong emphasis on five and six-figure gifts
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Raiser’s Edge
- The ability and desire to take on added responsibility as it presented.