Institutional Commodity Services (ICS) is looking for a Product Manager – Non-Liturgical.
The job description is attached.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:
Institutional Commodity Services (ICS)
Product Manager- Non-Liturgical
Position Description: Institutional Commodity Services (ICS) is the central purchasing office for parishes, schools and Catholic institutions in the Greater New York area. Founded and headquartered in the Archdiocese of New York, it also serves the Archdiocese of Newark and the Dioceses of Albany, Bridgeport, Brooklyn and Camden.
The product manager uses expertise in specific commodities or services to help customers identify and buy what they need at a significant discount. The salaried product manager reports directly to the executive director of ICS.
Coordinate and Manage
- Identify vendors of products and services in assigned specialties.
- Develop relationships with vendors to understand how they can deliver a well-priced product or service to meet the needs of ICS customers.
- Understand the customers and their needs, recommend new products, and identify cost-efficient alternatives to existing products and manufacturers.
- Deliver timely price quotations to clients.
- Follow up to ensure all orders were received completely and the customer is satisfied.
- Follow up on any customers with outstanding invoices greater than 60 days; help establish payment arrangements, if needed.
- Achieve mastery of the ICS sales order process and the Lawson accounting system.
- Attend bi-weekly sales meetings to:
- Review needs and requests of customers
- Discuss updates on new products and services
- Meet the manufacturers to enhance product knowledge
- Assist the Executive Director with special projects, as directed.
- Work closely with as a team with fellow product manager, sales representatives, sales manager, and the executive director to increase knowledge of products, suppliers and customers.
- Attend meetings with participating dioceses to keep customers informed and expand the customer base.
- Attend trade shows to maintain and update knowledge of current trends, pricing, products and services.
- Minimum five years experience in buying and sales
- Demonstrated experience in customer service
- Working knowledge of Catholic church structure and organization
- Well-organized, with strong project management skills and ability to multi-task, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Bi-lingual capacity preferred
- Excellent computer skills, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Outstanding initiative, work ethic and ability to work independently or on a team