The Sheen Center is looking for a Production Coordinator
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:
Summary of the Production Coordinator Position:
The Sheen Center’s Production Coordinator (SCPC) is the lead administrator for the production department at the Sheen Center (“SC”). He or she uses their broad understanding of all production elements to ensure that all communications and systems within the production department are executed to the highest standards.
The SCPC has a comprehensive knowledge of best industry practices including safety and maintenance of all systems and stays current with evolving technologies. He or she is often the first point of contact with clients and is able to effectively assess client needs and explain SC production capabilities, rules and protocols.
The SCPC oversees the hiring, staffing and coordination of all part-time production staff, and ensures that the staff is well trained and current with all equipment.
The SCPC handles a significant amount of ‘paperwork’ for the department and the Production Manager and is responsible for entering timely and accurate information into Event Pro, including event staffing, production resources, internal costs, charges, etc.
Reports To: Production Manager
Essential Job Functions:
- Works to maintain excellent technical facilities and customer service to ensure a safe, positive experience for all renters, visitors, and patrons to the Sheen Center.
- Attends meetings with clients and internal SC staff to ensure that there is clarity and efficient/ effective planning of all production needs related to Sheen Center events.
- Schedules maintenance periods and safety evaluations and ensures that the Sheen Center is in compliance with all state rules and regulations.
- Works closely with the Managing Director to ensure that all budgets are tracked closely and adhered to and that all purchases are done according to SC protocols.
- Maintains current production part-time hire lists and continuously seeks out new technicians to maintain a highly-qualified pool of production technicians.
- Manages a large vendor pool to accomplish necessary acquisitions, maintenance and execution of events.
- Performs critical oversight of rates and fees Event-Pro database and is the effective ‘owner’ of the calendar for the production department.
- Interfaces with Programming department to ensure that timely and critical information for all events is entered into Event Pro and communicated effectively to the production department.
- Substitutes for the Stage Manager when necessary and occasionally as an assistant stage manager for larger productions.
Requirements and Necessary Skills:
At least 5 years of production management experience in a multi discipline arts environment.
Has a particular expertise in theater technology, preferably in lighting.
A broad and comprehensive understanding of complementary productions systems- light, sound, projections and video.
Has a strong understanding of business practices to ensure that all budgeting, acquisitions and rate schedules are adhered to and executed properly.
Excellent communications skills that result in clear and effective interactions with Sheen clients.
Strong commitment to the Sheen Center mission.