The Development Office is looking for a Prospect Research Associate.
The job description is attached.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:
Archdiocese of New York
Prospect Research Associate
The Prospect Research Associate is responsible for proactive and responsive research and is an integral part of the Development office. The position will focus on identifying prospects through queries, research, wealth screenings and other resources. The Associate will be responsible for collecting and compiling background materials on new and existing donors.
Experience Level: 2-3 years of prospect research experience or related experience
Direct Supervisor: Prospect Research Manager
- Prepare in-depth confidential research profiles on individual donors, foundations and corporations using a wide variety of biographical, organizational and financial sources, Internet websites, library and other external sources of public information.
- Proactively identify and qualify prospective individual donors, foundations and corporations using pre-determined data qualifiers.
- Proactively cull the donor database in order to surface the most promising prospects
- Determine appropriate content of prospective donor profiles for high-level review
- Collaborate with Development office staff to provide research-based analysis to assist with cultivation/solicitation strategies
- Evaluate research results to develop and implement further research strategies
- Maintain Raiser’s Edge database specific to prospect research
- Manage Donor Profile library
- Enter, manage and update research profiles and reports
- Perform other duties and assist with special projects as directed by the Director of Leadership Giving or Prospect Research Manager
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Strong knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of internet and standard research sites, Raiser’s Edge, LexisNexis, ResearchPoint, Wealth Engine and other data sources to locate accurate biographical, financial, and philanthropic information.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, interpersonal and communication skills, including strong written and verbal skills
- Ability to distill complex information into clear, well-written documents
- Strong organizational and time-management skills, including the ability to set priorities and manage multiple projects simultaneously with high attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate with fundraising staff and executive directors
- Possess initiative to constantly seek ways to improve prospect research process
- Ability to take on added responsibility as it is presented