Title: Province Center Administrator – Sisters of the Good Shepherd-Province of NY/Toronto
Reports to: Province Leader or Province Business Administrator
Location: 25-30 21st Avenue, Astoria, NY 11105
Hours: 4 days a week – occasional Saturday or Sunday availability will be needed
Provides administrative support to the Province Leader and Team as well as handles the tasks that ensure the smooth running of the Province Center office. This includes communication with all levels of the Congregation and other parties both internal and external to the Province.
General administrative support including routine correspondence, scheduling of meetings, conference calls, etc., recording of minutes at meetings or calls, travel arrangements for leadership, develop/maintain/collect various records & statistics.
Handle all day-to-day matters of office operations – visitors, mail, inventory of office supplies, maintain files, manage office equipment, handle company cars scheduling & maintenance.
Create a monthly communications document drawing from a variety of websites; update Province phone/email/address information as needed, use & maintain Listserv.
Issue and update Province Directory annually, as well as newsletters, booklets, programs, reports, presentations, etc.
Navigate and trouble-shoot office computer programs – Operating system, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Email system and configuration, publishing program.
Attend Province Leadership Team meetings on a monthly basis as Minutes Secretary.
• Bachelor’s degree plus 5 years of administrative/office management experience
• Full proficiency in MS Office, database and desktop publishing programs, IT system operations
• Must be gracious and courteous and have good verbal and written communication skills
• Must be organized and able to work independently, be self-motivated, detail oriented and able to multi-task
• Must have valid driver’s license
• Requires strong computer and internet research skills, flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills, project coordination experience, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management & staff, as well as outside clients and vendors. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Salary and benefit package commensurate with experience
CatholicNYC connects young adults to the Church: people, events, resources, and ministries.
What are you looking for? I'm here to make sure you find it.
Director of Young Adult Outreach
Archdiocese of New York