Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:
Full Time Region 3 Coordinator for Young Adult Outreach: Rockland/Central Westchester/South Shore/Yonkers Counties of the Archdiocese of New York.
Office of Young Adult Outreach
The Region 3 Coordinator for Young Adult Outreach will connect Catholic young adults to resources, events, and likeminded peers in Rockland, Central Westchester, South Shore, and Yonkers counties of the Archdiocese of New York. In order to reach out to the young adults in Region 3, the coordinator will serve as a highly visible resource in assisting and supporting area leaders in identifying needs and developing new initiatives. The coordinator will serve as an initial contact for young adults, guiding them as they discover the various ministries and opportunities available in their region. The coordinator will seek first to foster fellowship and create community, while assisting in creating circumstances for building relationships and friendships among Catholic young adults. In addition, with a powerful communications infrastructure at his or her disposal—including thousands of contacts- the coordinator will utilize powerful and well branded marketing and social networking tools in order to attract young adults seeking Catholic resources. By attending events, organizing meetings, and networking, the coordinator will be a leader in the Catholic community of New York, specifically to the young adults, priests and the Church in his or her particular region, and he or she will seek to serve those who wish to encourage the faith life of the young adults in their particular communities. The coordinator will be very involved in the imminent growth and expansion of this program and its outreach.
- Perform tasks given to them by the Director and Assistant Director of Young Adult Outreach.
- Create opportunities for young adults to have a personal encounter with Jesus Christ by directing them to the sacraments, setting up events, and holding programs that will lead them to Christ.
- Create opportunities for young adults to get in contact with like-minded individuals.
- Serve all young adult groups in their region.
- Attend young adult events by various young adult groups, requiring nights and weekends.
- Create and direct special events for young adults.
- Run You Did It To Me Apostolic Works program.
- Run the Archdiocesan Holy Hour.
- Respond to daily requests from young adults, providing resources and assistance.
- Respond to all inquiries through the website and phone calls pertaining to Region 3.
- Coordinate weekly individual meetings with church and civic leaders.
- Create unique marketing materials and expansive outreach strategy.
- Coordinate individual meetings with young adults in their area.
- Special responsibilities for monthly Young Adult Mass include finding the confessors and working with the Director to find a celebrant.
- Establish and attend all Region 3 Board Meetings.
- Attend leader meetings.
- Represent the Archdiocese in a professional and positive manner.
- Implement all that is asked from the Director and Assistant Director of Office of Young Adult Outreach.
- Meet with every young adult leader at least once a year in Region 3.
- Respond to every email within 48 hours from young adult community.
- Hold an Apostolic work at least once a month.
- Attend at least 3 Young Adult events a week.
- Have at least 3 meetings a week with a priest or young adult in your region.
- Hold at least 3 young adult events each month.
- Committed to live, and ability to articulate, the teachings of the Catholic Church.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree.
- Strong leadership experience and abilities.
- Strong social and interpersonal skills.
- Independent worker and thinker who can provide both vision and execution.
- Marketing and branding abilities. Graphic design skills preferred.