Archdiocese of New York
Global Regional School System
GRSS – Regional Human Resources Coordinator
Position reports to the GRSS Director of Human Resources. The Human Resources Coordinator will assist in the day to day Human Resources activities for the assigned regions.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- In their region(s) of responsibility, advise and assist in the HR functions of salary and benefits data entry, HR Online (Paychex) payroll processing of all new hires, terminations, changes to employee’s records, conduct on boarding & orientation of ALL new employees.
- Liaison between Regional Superintendents, Business Managers, Treasury Supervisors, Accounting Coordinators and Principals.
- Communicates with the Director of Human Resources & HR Department for direction in resolving all issues relating to bargaining and non-bargaining employees.
- Generate new & maintain employee records in HR Online and Payroll Preview for assigned schools in areas such as compensation, benefits: Medical, Life, Supp. Life, FSA, Commuter, STD, LTD, and AD&D, 403(B).
- Coordinates new hire on-boarding as it relates to payroll, employee benefits and conducting new hire orientations.
- Process employee terminations in accordance with established procedure.
- Responds to questions, concerns or issues from employees, Regional Superintendents, Business Managers, Treasury Supervisors, Accounting Coordinators and Principals via email, phone or a combination thereof.
- Responds to questions, concerns or issues from employees, Regional Superintendents, Business Managers, Treasury Supervisors, Accounting Coordinators and Principals via email, phone or a combination thereof
- Ensure proper completion of required documents for leaves of absences, to include Workers Compensation, Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD), Family and Medical Leave (FMLA) as well as all related correspondence.
- Develop and produce reports and analyses, as required utilizing Excel spreadsheet formats.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related Field
- 2-3 Years’ experience in Human Resources including direct contact with employees and management.
- Experience in interpreting & working with union contracts a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Strong to Advanced knowledge or Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Bi-Lingual Spanish a plus.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
- Ability to work independently between field offices.
- Self-starter; Results driven
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent prioritization, organizational and follow-up skills.
- Ability to multitask and perform in a high volume environment.
- Ability to articulate and document employee relations situations.