ARCHDIOCESE OF NEW YORK
Real Estate Services
The Senior Associate Role will support the development and implementation of real estate strategy to align archdiocesan priorities and mission while optimizing property use and value. This includes negotiating land and building sales, lease documents, operating agreements as well as managing the needs of the existing portfolio. This role works within a small group of dedicated real estate professionals and reports directly to the Director of Real Estate. The team is responsible for all matters related to the ownership of over 1,500 buildings and land parcels.
The role’s primary responsibility is to assist parishes and other archdiocesan entities with their real estate related needs, including the following:
- Collaborate with parish leadership, taking direction from the pastor, and other Church entities to define and implement a strategy to optimize the value of their properties while meeting broader parish objectives.
- Negotiate and structure acquisitions and dispositions of property, prepare due diligence materials, and prepare written materials needed to obtain all required authorizations.
- Negotiate and structure new leases and lease renewals, assessing them to ensure competitiveness with the local market
- Support portfolio management by establishing and/or maintaining of portfolio-related data, including
- Maintaining an active database of all properties, leases, and opportunities for reuse
- Monitoring tenant compliance with leases, and engaging with tenants and parish leadership to resolve conflicts
- Build and maintain detailed knowledge of real estate market values and trends
- Ensure project and department milestones are met and meet budget expectations
- Establish and maintain relationships with real estate professionals knowledgeable about the leasing and sales markets in the various geographic markets in the archdiocese.
- Support the development of strategic plans to guide the leverage real estate initiatives.
- Draft succinct reports and analysis of deal opportunities and status for senior leadership.
- 6+ years of relevant commercial real estate or similar experience.
- Knowledge of commercial real estate practices, including general understanding of deal flows, zoning, appraisals, public process, and environmental review, survey, and title
- Demonstrated commercial real estate transaction and negotiation experience.
- Ability to independently operate and self-motivate to problem solve.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to build and maintain relationships
- Strong project management, multitasking, and organization skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively through written materials.
- Degree in Business, Real Estate, Law, Urban Planning or related business preferred.
- Experience in commercial brokerage, investment sales, commercial fit out or relocation, and other relevant expertise will be useful
- Proficient with MS Office Suite.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Please send resume and cover letter to: Courtney.McMahon@archny.org