Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:
Job Purpose: Reporting directly to the Director of Pastoral Planning, the Senior Business/Planning Analyst provides a wide range of professional support and analysis to the Director of Pastoral Planning. The Senior Business Analyst manages special projects, provides in-depth analysis of parish and regional demographics, coordinates the activities of the Director of Parish Planning with other key departments and outside agencies and where necessary represents the Director of Parish Planning at meetings or functions. Assignments are received from, carried out for, and reported to the Director of Parish Planning.
- Conduct research and special projects and assure implementation of programs developed and initiated by the Director of Parish Planning. Direct research and analysis in response to parish needs/requests.
- Respond to pastor inquiries and complaints with sensitivity and tact. Make recommendations to Director of Parish Planning for responding to/resolving these inquiries/complaints, and implement solutions, as directed.
- Interact with various public and governmental agencies including the Office of City Planning in concert with completion of research or project responsibilities.
- Create and analyze archdiocesan demographics in concert with the Office of City Planning.
- Assist in the process of redrawing parish/deanery boundaries.
- Collaborate and interact with various archdiocesan departments: parish finance, chancery finance, real estate, insurance, communications, religious education, education, development, legal, etc.
- Maintain related parish databases.
- Manage the calendar and coordinate events of the parish planning office.
- Exercise considerable sensitivity, confidentiality, discretion, judgment, and negotiation skills in replying to outside inquiries.
- Complete other related and ad hoc duties/projects, as assigned.
Qualifications Required Skills:
- BA/BS in Finance, Business Administration, or Statistics; MBA preferred
- 3+ Years of professional experience in a dynamic, project-driven corporate or not-for-profit environment
- Expertise with analytical research
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite and knowledge of basic website editing
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Self starter, who has strong knowledge of and is respectful to Catholic doctrine, and is proven at exercising discretion and confidentiality in the completion of job functions