The Society For the Propagation of the Faith is looking for a Receptionist/Assistant Mission Coordinator
The job description is attached.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:
THE SOCIETY FOR THE PROPAGATION FOR THE FAITH
RECEPTIONIST / ASSISTANT MISSION COORDINATOR
Carry out all responsibilities in a manner consistent with the mission of The Society For the Propagation of the Faith.
Answer telephones in a proficient and courteous manner and either transfer or take messages for the staff. Sort mail and deliver same to individual personnel.
Greet and announce visitors.
Manage front desk helping visitors with Mass Cards for various intentions. Checking stock room to make sure we have ample Mass Cards for the various intentions on hand.
Processing Society for the Propagation of Faith mail & keeping records and sending out thank you letters for the director.
Processing thank you notes for donations and memberships to the Propagation.
Responsible for entering data on computer for society memberships and donations.
Work with the Mission Coordinator in Coordinating & Preparing Annual Mission Appeals (MCP Mission Cooperative Plan) by
- Processing all correspondences requesting inclusion in the Mission Cooperative Plan in the Archdiocese of New York
- Keeping in communication with all parishes, and USA representatives for the Appeals
- Entering all data in the system
- Maintaining files
- Assigning preachers to parishes for mission appeal on behalf of the Propagation of the Faith
- Sending MCP Application Form to any applicants
- Updating information in the system for all parishes and applicants
- Gathering all applications to be considered for the future mission appeals to be reviewed by the Director
- Sending out letters and other materials to all groups that have been considered to participate in the Missionary Cooperative Plan
- Sending out letters and forms to all pastors informing them the name of the group assigned to make an appeals at their Parish
- Assigning parishes to all groups accepted to do mission appeals
Work with Mission Coordinator with The Committee For Mission Responsibility by
- Processing all mail addressed to the committee requesting Financial Assistance (check to see if the applicant has submitted a request before. Enter Data in the Computer, send form or email the applicant, etc.)
- Maintaining the committee members list
- Sending out letters to all committee members
Work with Mission Coordinator with Mass Stipends sent to Dioceses and Religious Communities by
- Checking to see if the applicant is already in the system if not, enter data
- Assigning it a computer tracking number
- File request on the waiting list for mass stipends
Requirements for this job are as follows:
Excellent written communication skills are essential for this position, requiring a broad vocabulary, proper grammar and good spelling. Be prepared to answer correspondence – sometimes preparing and writing letters. With e-mail so common, you may also be responsible to respond to e-mail, and you need to treat all office e-mail as proper business correspondence.
Must be able to type.
Must have computer experience – Micro Soft Office, Word (able to merge documents), Excel.
Able to work with others and must be willing to learn as we update our office periodically.
Assist in Special Office Projects, as needed.
Work Week for all Full Time Staff: 35 hours
PERSONAL CHARCTERISTICS Confidential, friendly, flexible, courteous, patient, team oriented, work with minimal supervision.
Associate Degree in Business Administration preferred
All Interested parties should send resumes to:
Rev. Monsignor Marc Filacchione
Society For the Propagation of the Faith
1011 First Avenue
New York, NY 10022