Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:
STAFF ACCOUNTANT – PRE-K FOR ALL
The Department of Education Archdiocese of New York has expanded its Pre-K for All (previously the Universal Pre-Kindergarten (UPK)) Program to over 70 of its elementary schools. This expansion warrants an increase in financial oversight and management. The Staff Accountant will report to the Director of Accounting – Pre-K for All.
Under the leadership of the Director of Accounting –Pre-K for All, the Staff Accountant will assist in preparing, monitoring and amending the budgets and monthly and annual reports for each Pre-K for All program. The Staff Accountant will also be responsible for preparing monthly bank reconciliations for the regional Pre-K for All bank accounts, entering all payments from the various funding agencies daily, and processing regional invoices.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations for the regional Pre-K for All bank accounts; enter all payments from the various funding agencies daily and process regional invoices.
- Assist with the reconciliation of Pre-K for All general ledger activity.
- Assist with the preparation and revision of all Pre-K for All budgets, including amending the budgets as necessary based on changes since the original budgets were approved.
- Record Pre-K for All indirect costs in the general ledger and review allocation methodology being used.
- Assist with the preparation of all submissions to the various funding agencies.
- Assist with recording proper receivable balances at year-end.
- Organize and maintain Pre-K for All records by making copies, filing documents and scanning electronic files to the shared folder
- Assist in year –end audit by preparing schedules as needed
- Assist with special projects, as needed.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- BS in Accounting and a minimum of two years accounting experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional analytical skills, pro-active and a good problem solver
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail with strong time management and organizational skills
- Quick learner, creative, self-starter with good judgment and high energy
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task and highly organized
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, results-oriented, web-based environment
- Sensitive to the confidentiality of information received for analysis and review
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Experience with ConnectNow Accounting, Microsoft SharePoint, and Paychex a plus