Your post has been submitted successfully.
Staff Accountant, Pre-K for All
Jobs / Aug 18, 2021
STAFF ACCOUNTANT 1 – PRE-K FOR ALL
Reporting to the Director of Accounting – Pre-K for All, this position will be responsible for preparing monthly bank reconciliations for the regional Pre-K for All bank accounts, entering all payments from the various funding agencies daily and processing regional invoices.
Essential Position Responsibilities
- Enter all payments from the various funding agencies daily and process regional invoices.
- Enter the monthly accruals entries for DOE, rent and revenue.
- Enter monthly regional invoices from Cooke & Verve to allocate to various schools.
- Assist with the payroll review to ensure staff is coded correctly journal entries should be done to correct any miscoding.
- Assist to record Pre-K for All indirect costs in the general ledger and review monthly allocation methodology being used.
- Assist with the preparation of all submissions to the various funding agencies.
- Assist with recording proper receivable balances at year-end.
- Organize and maintain Pre-K for All records by making copies, filing documents and scanning electronic files to the shared folders.
- Assist in year – end audit by preparing schedules and provide supporting documentation as needed.
- Assist with special projects, as needed.
- Perform other duties, as required.
Required Education, Experience and Skills
- BS in Accounting a minimum of two years accounting experience
- Minimum 1 year Not-for-Profit experience with Pre-K for All
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional analytical skills, pro-active and a good problem solver
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail with strong time management and organizational skills
- Quick learner, creative, self-starter with good judgment and high energy
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task and highly organized
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, results-oriented, web-based environment
- Sensitive to the confidentiality of information received for analysis and review
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Experience with Financial Edge (FE) Accounting, Parish Soft, Microsoft SharePoint, and Paychex a plus
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: Leonard.Thompson@archny.org