Your post has been submitted successfully.
Jobs / Jul 12, 2021
The Switchboard is looking for an Operator.
The job description is attached.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:
The Archdiocese of New York
Office of Telecommunications
To direct incoming calls to the appropriate offices. Respond to all telephone inquiries in a courteous and professional manner.
- Receive and appropriately direct telephone calls through the switchboard.
- Assist other departments with their special telephone needs.
- Assist in locating employees in the various departments in the Cardinal Cooke Catholic Center
- Assist the Director of Telecommunications as necessary.
- To obtain from caller their specific need to screen the information and then forward call on to its appropriate area. To redirect caller with names and numbers maintained at the board.
- Utilizing phone directories or persons within the department in locating individuals.
- Advising the director of any names or phone changes within the phone directory that come to their attention.
- Assisting other operators as needed to maintain standards expected of Telecommunications.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma.
- Switchboard operator skills.
- Customer service background helpful.
- Courteousness and patience is required.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- A positive and friendly attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Sensitive to the needs of individuals for prompt service.
- Ability to work well with peers.
- Bilingual Spanish plus.