ARCHDIOCESE OF NEW YORK
CENTRAL SERVICES ACCOUNTING OFFICE
ACCOUNTANT – ADNY (TEMP)
The Archdiocese of New York (ADNY) provides grants and subsidies principally to support certain parishes and schools within the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of New York. There are several entities within and under the auspices of the Archdiocese of New York, including Archbishopric (ARB), Parish Assistance Corporation (PAC), Ecclesiastical Assistance Corporation (EAC), Ecclesiastical Properties Corporation (EPC), Archdiocesan Service Corporation (ASC), as well as other ancillary entities such as the Sheen Center (Sheen), Alfred E. Smith Memorial Foundation (AES) and New York Catholic Foundation (NYCF).
The Accountant – ADNY’s primary responsibilities are to perform bank reconciliations, investment reconciliations & analysis and detailed fixed asset support for ADNY, archdiocesan entities and ancillary entities ensuring accurate and timely reporting of these accounts. The Accountant needs to: ensure timely reconciliations for monthly closing of financial books with appropriate support and documentation.
The Accountant – ADNY (Temp) directly reports to the Director of Accounting – ADNY.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations for ADNY, other archdiocesan entities and ancillary entities and prepare required journal entries utilizing the Lawson ledger system.
- Perform bank and investment reconciliations for the St. Rose Settlement, St. Paul’s Guild, Cardinal Spellman Foundation, the Jackson Fund and Catholic Community Relations Council and prepare required journal entries utilizing the Lawson ledger system.
- Maintain accurate financial records, prepare all monthly account reconciliations and prepare necessary journal entries and schedules for specific entities utilizing Lawson ledger system.
- Maintain fixed asset sub-ledgers and accurate and timely posting to general ledger to ensure timely monthly closing of financial books all entities.
- Perform other special projects and ad-hoc reporting as required by management.
OUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in accounting or auditing, preferably in the non-profit sector.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office applications and financial systems (Lawson Infor systems preferred).
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail with strong time management, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- Quick learner, creative, self-starter with good judgment and high energy.
- Sensitivity to confidentiality of information received for analysis and review.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:Anthony.LoBello@archny.org