The Institutional Commodity Services (ICS) is looking for a Temporary Mailroom Clerk
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: Dorota.Czyzewska@nyics.org
Position Description: Institutional Commodity Services (ICS) is the central purchasing office for parishes, schools and Catholic institutions in the Greater New York area. Founded and headquartered in the Archdiocese of New York, it also serves the Archdiocese of Newark and the Dioceses of Albany, Bridgeport, Brooklyn and Camden.
The mailroom clerk provides support services to ensure accurate and timely delivery and distribution of mail and packages at the Catholic Center. The mailroom clerk also supports the filing operations of the ICS senior accountant. He or she reports directly to the mailroom manager, with a reporting line to the ICS senior accountant.
Coordinate and Manage
- Sort incoming mail from the U.S. Postal Service.
- Distribute mail to offices and pick-up inter-office and outgoing mail.
- Deliver incoming packages from commercial and private delivery services.
- Arrange outside messenger services, as needed.
- Assist with delivery of office supplies.
- Record all parcels shipped via UPS; maintain accounting of each package received at the Catholic Center for delivery within the building.
- Assist senior accountant with filing tasks.
- Assist the executive director with special projects, as directed.
- Work closely with manager of office services and senior accountant.
- Staple, fold and stuff mailings.
- Help with print shop operations, as needed.
- High school diploma, or GED
- Working knowledge of Catholic church structure and organization
- Well-organized, with attention to detail and ability to function well in a fast-paced environment