The Family Life/Respect Life Office is looking for a Temporary Spanish Marriage Prep/Administrative Assistant.
The job description is attached.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:
POSITION TITLE: Temporary Spanish Marriage Prep/Administrative Assistant (March-June 2016)
POSITION CONCEPT: This temporary position requires an individual who will assist the Family Life/Respect Life Office with various clerical, administrative and computer support duties in the Office, but primarily the Spanish Marriage Preparation tasks. There is also a possibility that once this 90-day position ends, a full-time position may be available for the person who is selected for this temporary position.
- Assist in administrative tasks including:
- Mailing and assuring delivery of marriage preparation materials to marriage prep presenters and various parishes
- Mailing reminders to couples registered for Spanish Marriage Preparation courses
- Providing assistance to couples in determining choices of dates and locations, and sending out confirmation of dates to couples
- Entering Pre-Cana evaluations into our database
- Answering and/or fielding emails and phone calls that come into the FL/RL Office
- Assist the Director and Assistant Director with additional tasks, which may include:
- Assisting other office Coordinators, as needed
- Designing flyers and sending email-blasts promoting upcoming events, as needed
- Translating documents from English into Spanish and vice versa, as needed
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (or in the process of receiving a degree)
- Must be fluently bi-lingual (English/Spanish)
- Superior communication and social skills, as this position is the ‘first contact’ for many to the Family Life/Respect Life Office
- Strong social and organizational skills, with the ability to work both independently as well as with a team of staff members
- Excellent internet and computer skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, especially Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience working in a parish/ diocese preferred
- Good knowledge and acceptance of Catholic Church teachings on issues regarding marriage, family, life and chastity, and a desire to promote it to others
If you are interested and meet the minimum qualifications, please send a cover letter and resume to FLRLJobs@archny.org.