The job description is attached.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:
ARCHDIOCESE OF NEW YORK
INSTITUTIONAL COMMODITY SERVICES
Director of Accounting
To assist the Executive Director by developing and administering effective accounting methods and procedures supporting the financial strategies and activities of the Institutional Commodity Services Corporation (ICS). Will also assist the Chief Accounting Officer of the Archdiocese of New York with other organizations for which the Finance Office is responsible.
Provide accounting direction and supervision for ICS and provide accounting support for other Archdiocesan related entities as assigned.
- Manage accounting functions including maintenance of the general ledger and project accounting, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of reporting.
- Manage monthly and year-end closing of financial records and posting of month-end and year-end information.
- Supervise ICS support staff and oversee accounts receivable and payable functions.
- Provide accounting assistance to others within the Archdiocese of New York; respond to financial questions/concerns to meet business needs.
- Identify process improvement opportunities to enhance retail sales, financial and informational reporting.
- Act as liaison between the Archdiocese and outside accounting firm in connection with year-end audits and ensure that proper information is maintained for historical purposes.
- Prepare and recommend department budget for approval. Monitor spending for adherence to budget and identify variances as necessary.
- Assign and manage the work of department staff. Train and evaluate employees to enhance their performance, development and work products. Address performance issues and make recommendations for personnel actions.
- Will be involved in the vendor vetting process.
- Assure that policies, practices, methods and procedures conform to the professional standards and to the mission and ethical values of the Archdiocese.
Establish cyclical schedules (e.g., biweekly, monthly, quarterly) for the major ICS accounting functions.
Assure that the major accounting functions (e.g., monthly account closings, reports to management) conform to the schedules established for them.
EDUCATION and EXPEREINCE
Education Required: Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting
: CPA preferred
10 years of diversified accounting including 4 years of Management;
thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, with special emphasis on Word and Excel;
Strong analytical and problem solving skills; proven ability to manage a diverse staff of accountants and bookkeepers; excellent communication skills (written and verbal) with emphasis on ability to explain accounting theory and statements to non-financial managers.