The Metropolitan Tribunal is looking for a Tribunal Office Administrator.
The job description is attached.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:
TRIBUNAL OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR
JOB TITLE: OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR FOR THE METROPOLITAN TRIBUNAL
The Office Administrator ensures the smooth functioning of the daily admin operations of the Metropolitan Tribunal. In addition, the Administrator will be expected to learn enough about canon law to facilitate the various canonical procedures for which the Administrative is responsible. A candidate for this position must be able to work harmoniously with others and assume additional responsibilities as needed. The candidate must also be able to work calmly and quickly under the pressure of deadlines. The Office Administrator reports to the Moderator of the Tribunal Chancery.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage the payment of all invoices and track all financial transactions incurred by the Tribunal
- Manage the processing of all Lack of Form cases (c 1108)
- Handle all jurisdiction requests from other dioceses
- Act as Archivist for the Judicial Vicar.
- Act as Librarian for the Tribunal library, including the purchasing of new books and periodicals
- Transcribe and type testimonies as needed
- Assist the Moderator of the Tribunal Chancery with HR reporting
- Knowledge of, and firm commitment to, the teachings of the Church in regards to marriage
- A firm commitment to the administration of justice with charity in the Church
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Knowledge of, or willingness to learn, the canon law that is relevant to the work of the Tribunal
- Knowledge of Microsoft with strong Word and Excel skills
- Excellent analytical skills, verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to transcribe recorded testimony, or willingness to learn this skill
- A courteous manner and sensitivity to the needs of those who approach the Tribunal
- Flexibility and willingness to assist others in the office
- Knowledge of Spanish and/or other languages a plus