To apply, email your resume and a cover letter to Mary Elise Zellmer – MaryElise.Zellmer@archny.org.
Part Time Paid Internship for the Upper Counties of the Office of Young Adult Outreach
Office of Young Adult Outreach
The Young Adult Outreach Internship program is a great opportunity for a young adult to learn the ins and outs of Young Adult Ministry. Working with the largest Archdiocesan Young Adult Outreach program in the country, the intern will have the unique opportunity to help run events, strategize on evangelization, complete office work, and attend meetings.
• Perform all that is asked from the Director and Assistant Director of Young Adult Outreach.
• Perform all that is asked from Region 2 Coordinator.
• Attend and assist at various young adult events, requiring nights and weekends.
• Assist with the planning and implementation of various regional events, such as Dragon Boat Racing, monthly regional young adult Masses, and annual summer barbeque.
• Attend Young Adult Masses throughout the year from the various Young Adult Groups.
• Assist the office with the monthly Young Adult Mass at St. Patrick’s Cathedral.
• Typically assist the team with the Love & Responsibility Summer Series.
• Assist with the monthly service opportunities.
• Help to set up/take down all required young adult events.
• Prepare the weekly Catholic HV email blast.
• Attend all Leaders’ Meetings.
• Greet all visitors who come to the Catholic HV Young Adult Office.
• Answer phone calls when necessary.
• Assist with office work, including putting together expense reports, making copies, filing, etc.
• Assisting with various tasks that come up.
• Represent the Archdiocese in a professional and positive manner.
• Implement all that is asked from the Director and Assistant Director of Office of Young Adult Outreach.
• Complete on time all assignments given by the Region 2 Coordinator.
• Attend at least one young adult event a week.
• Work part-time 22 hours a week, with not exceeding that time.
• Committed to live, and ability to articulate, the teachings of the Catholic Church.
• Good leadership experience and abilities.
• Ability to work independently, self-starter.
• Good social and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to be flexible and work well in a team.
• One year or more of college education required.