This is a full-time position based in Manila, Philippines.
The position of Regional Director of Operations (RDO) is an executive position. The RDO works with the Regional Director (RD) and assists in the implementation of the annual strategic plan of the region.
The RDO maintains and develops the membership base through effective management of the Internship Program, the Certified Training Program (CTP), the Human Dignity Curriculum (HDC), and other programs in conformity with the strategic plan. The RDO oversees marketing and communication-related projects in the region through effective maintenance and management of contacts in the WYA database and related systems. The RDO is also responsible for all legal compliances, and finance-related activities, including the development of the regional budget. The RDO represents WYA as stated in the vision, mission, and charter. This is a full-time position.
Applications close on March 21, 2022, 11:59 pm (Philippine Standard Time)
- Develops and manages the region’s annual budget with the RD
- Prepares monthly financial reports and a year-end report of the regional budget to be submitted to the WYA Headquarters
- Maintains and updates legal documentation, working permits, and other contractual agreements
- Manages day-to-day financial activities and keeps records of all transactions, such as payments, withdrawals, deposits, and other similar activities
- Maintains regular communication with the region’s accountant and the WYA Headquarters for all finance, accounting, and other operations-related matters of WYAAP
- Prepares proposals for the implementation of projects and programs with the RD
- Increases the effectiveness and efficiency of organizational support to members by reviewing and/or developing policies, goals, objectives, and procedures for day-to-day office functioning
- Complies with deadlines for submission of plans, proposals, and project documentation
- Reviews and updates donor and member database information and maintains communication with regional members, especially committee members
- Works with the RD in implementing marketing and communication campaigns for the region
- Manages human resources-related work and ensures compliance with the labor laws of the country
- Reviews applicants to the Regional Internship Program with the RD
- Organizes intern work schedules and ensures proper delegation of projects and tasks among the team
- Oversees the training and performance evaluation of interns, and ensures an enjoyable and productive internship experience
- Reviews applicants to the CTP and leads effective implementation of the training sessions, in collaboration with the RD and Certified Trainers
- Manages CTP lectures and one-on-one consultation sessions, marks CTP answers, and ensures an enjoyable and effective learning experience for trainees
- Manages the Online Training Zone and conducts CTP accreditation with the RD
- Leads HDC implementations and trains teachers and volunteers in conducting HDC lectures
- Prepares lesson plans and activities for different community implementations
- Prepares HDC reports and ensures proper documentation of each implementation
- Actively seeks new partners and donors and nurtures relationships with existing partners
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- At least two years of previous work experience in management, business development, finance, community development, and/or other related work.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- High comfort level to work with people from different cultures and backgrounds
- Ability to manage time and spreadsheets effectively in order to meet deadlines
- Within WYA’s age of membership (Below 31 years old)
- Completed the Certified Training Program (CTP) prior to official start date as staff
- Must be available to work full-time at the Asia Pacific office in Manila, Philippines starting May 3, 2022
Candidates for consideration will be contacted for a series of interviews. Applicants should submit their completed application requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: WYAAP RDO Application_<LAST NAME>.