The World Youth Alliance is looking for leaders with a strong desire to protect and promote human dignity while possessing excellent professional skills that can help manage the region and represent the organization globally. Successful staff has been known to be proactive, self-driven, creative, results-driven, and humble individuals with the constant willingness to learn; if you possess these qualities and are looking to make a difference, you are invited to apply to join the World Youth Alliance staff team.
The WYA Europe Regional Director of Advocacy (RDA) reports directly to the WYA Director of Advocacy and WYA Policy and Research Specialist for Europe and supervises the advocacy interns in the WYA Europe office. The RDA is responsible for the implementation of the advocacy strategic plan for the European region and represents WYA as stated in the vision, mission, and charter. The RDA submits an annual advocacy operational plan for Europe and reports on the region’s advocacy progress through appropriate reporting mechanisms and during staff meetings. The RDA is responsible for directing all advocacy-related matters in the European region, but primarily those of the European institutions (European Parliament, Commission, and the Council).
The selected candidate must be available to undergo staff training prior to assuming officially the position of WYAE Regional Director of Advocacy. This is a full-time position based in Brussels, Belgium.
- Developing an annual operational plan with attainable goals that he/she is responsible for achieving in the areas of Membership, Education, Advocacy, and Culture with the other regional staff, and in consultation with members and other stakeholders to address regional needs.
- Supervising the implementation of the strategic plan for the region and ensures that the regional staff are meeting regional goals and expectations.
- Complies with deadlines for submission of plans and/or proposals and progress reports to the President via Quarterly Reports and the Project Documentation System.
- Communicates regularly with the President to discuss progress, difficulties, and ideas.
Seeks to increase regional membership numbers and develops membership development programs.
- Gives feedback on applicants to the regional internship program to the Regional Director of Operations and has veto power in the final selection. Provides accreditation to interns.
- Supervises Chapters and National Committees in WYA Europe region. Actively seeks out the set up of chapters and interviews Chapter coordinators. Is in regular contact with the chapter leaders and supervises them in planning, writing, and implementing their strategic plan.
- Supports chapters by actively seeking opportunities to promote WYA through conferences, seminars, school events, among others.
- Meets regularly with chapter leaders, committee members, interns, and active members to discuss progress, difficulties, and ideas, and provides them with leadership and guidance in pursuing the WYA mission.
- Extends and maintains a support base of contact persons and organizations who agree with WYA’s mission, who are working on similar issues, and who are experts in relevant fields.
- Ensures that contacts are aware of the current activities of WYA and are actively engaged in areas where they are available and/or qualified to help out in.
- Is available to meet with donors, friends, and key contacts of WYA at the request of the President.
- Keeps the WYA President updated on regional issues and actively addresses policy-related concerns of members and the general public together with the help of WYA Europe regional staff and Regional Director of Advocacy.
- Responsible for creating awareness and providing information to members and the general public on WYA-related issues, subject to the approval of the President.
- Works together with the regional staff on innovative ways to ensure the work of the European region runs smoothly and at its best.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Strong background and work experience in management & leadership
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills, both oral and written
- Ability to manage time effectively in order to meet deadlines
- High comfort level to work with people from different cultures and backgrounds
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style
- Within WYA’s age of membership
- Has been involved with WYA Europe in the past
- CTP Certified prior to staff training
Interested applicants are highly encouraged to send their application to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. Candidates for consideration will be contacted for a series of interviews. For inquiries, you may contact email@example.com.