WYA North America is looking for a strong leader for the capacity of Regional Director. An ideal applicant will be highly motivated, possess strong communication skills and want to make a difference in the world by engaging young people in important ideas and cultural debate.
The North American Regional Director (RD) reports to the President of the World Youth Alliance and is responsible for creating and implementing the annual strategic plan together with the Regional Director of Operations. The RD represents WYA as stated in the Charter and on the How We Work page on our website. The RD is responsible for new membership growth and development, and maintains relations with current members, donors, friends and other key contacts. The RD leads the region in advocacy on related issues, with supervision from the Director of Advocacy and subject to the approval of the President.
- Develops annual strategic plan with attainable goals that he/she is responsible for achieving in the areas of Membership, Education, Advocacy, and Culture
- Develops programming and recruits members for annual WYA North America events such as the Emerging Leaders Conference, International Solidarity Forum and International Summer Camp
- Leads annual WYA involvement at the March for Life
- Actively engages young members in the activities of the region and seeks to expand WYA’s presence through High School clubs and University chapters
- Actively seeks opportunities to promote WYA through conferences, seminars, community groups, school events, etc.
- Responsible for driving regional traffic to social media and providing information to members and general public on WYA-related issues
- Meets regularly with committee members, interns and active members to discuss programs, ideas, and provides leadership and guidance in pursuing the WYA Mission in their area
- Selects applicants to the regional internship program together with the Regional Director of Operations
- Complies with deadlines for submission of plans and/or proposals and progress reports to the President via Quarterly Reports and the Project Documentation System.
- Communicates regularly with the President to discuss progress, difficulties and ideas
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Strong capacity for leadership and management
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Highly sociable and comfortable working with people from different cultures and backgrounds
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style
- Track A Certified prior to official start date as staff
- Enthusiastic about the work of WYA
The selected candidate must be available to undergo staff training in New York, which will happen at least one to two months prior to assuming his/her position by October 1, 2015. This position is based in New York City, USA.
Candidates for consideration will be contacted for a series of interviews. Applicants should submit their completed application requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: WYANA RD Application_(Name).
To download Application form visit: https://www.wya.net/get-involved/careers-2/