The Young Adult Outreach Office – is looking for an Associate Region 3/Hispanic Outreach Coordinator.
The job description is attached.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:
Full Time Associate Region 3/Hispanic Outreach Coordinator of Young Adult Outreach for the Archdiocese of New York
Office of Young Adult Outreach
The Associate Region 3/Hispanic Outreach Coordinator of Young Adult Outreach for the Archdiocese of New York will work in conjunction with the Region 3 Young Adult Outreach Coordinator and the Hispanic Young Adult Outreach Coordinator to connect Catholic young adults of this region to resources, events, and likeminded peers living in the Archdiocese. Region 3 includes the Bronx, Yonkers, Rockland and Southern and Central Westchester. The associate coordinator will be involved in all counties, but will have a primary focus on the Bronx. In order to build the Catholic Church in the Archdiocese of New York, the associate coordinator will serve as a highly visible resource in assisting and supporting area leaders in identifying needs and developing new initiatives. The associate coordinator will serve as an initial contact for young adults of this area, guiding them as they discover the various ministries and opportunities available in the Archdiocese. The associate coordinator will seek first to foster fellowship and create community, while assisting in creating circumstances for building relationships and friendships among Catholic young adults. In addition, with a powerful communications infrastructure at his or her disposal—including thousands of contacts- the associate coordinator will utilize powerful and well branded marketing and social networking tools in order to attract young adults seeking Catholic resources. By attending events, organizing meetings, and networking, the associate coordinator will become a leader in the Catholic community of New York, specifically to the young adults and priests in the Archdiocese. The new hire will be very involved in the imminent growth and expansion of this program and its outreach.
- Perform tasks in areas of outreach given to them from the Director of Young Adult Outreach, Region 3 Coordinator and Hispanic Coordinator.
- Work in direct conjunction with the Region 3 Young Adult Outreach Coordinator and Hispanic Young Adult Outreach Coordinator.
- Become a bridge for the Region, specifically the South Bronx community, and the Office of Young Adult Outreach.
- Create unique marketing materials and expansive outreach strategy for Catholic NYC.
- Create opportunities for young adults to have a personal encounter with Jesus Christ by directing them to the sacraments, setting up events, and holding programs that will lead them to Christ.
- Create opportunities for young adults to get in contact with like-minded individuals.
- Attend various young adult events, requiring nights and weekends.
- Respond to daily requests from young adults, providing resources and assistance.
- Coordinate weekly individual meetings with church and civic leaders.
- Create and direct special events for young adults of this Region.
- Coordinate individual meetings with Hispanic young adults in their area.
- Assist other coordinators as the need arises.
- Committed to live, and ability to articulate, the teachings of the Catholic Church.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree.
- Strong leadership experience and abilities.
- Strong social and interpersonal skills.
- Marketing and branding abilities. Graphic design skills preferred
- Independent worker and thinker who can provide both vision and execution.
- Must be fluent in Spanish and English.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.