The Youth Faith Formation is looking for an Office Administrator
The job description is attached.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:
DEPARTMENT OF YOUTH FAITH FORMATION
POSITION TITLE: Office Administrator for the Office of Youth Ministry
REPORTS TO: Director of the Office of Youth Ministry
Professional Level: At least 3-5 years experience and Bachelor’s degree
The Office of Youth Ministry supports parish, school and church leaders in their mission to build young disciples of Jesus Christ. We do this through trainings, formation of leaders, networking, support, consulting and events for youth and youth leaders. Our mission is to inculcate in our youth the awareness that they belong not only to a “universal” Church but also to a parish that needs their involvement and commitment.
The Office Administrator will be a key component of the Youth Ministry Team working closely with the Director and Associate Director to manage the day to day running of the office. While the position largely consists of office work, the office administrator will also assist with event planning and preparations as needed and will attend and work some events, particularly New York Catholic Youth Day and youth ministers’ gatherings.
- Perform varied administrative duties requiring knowledge of office routine and an understanding of the organization, programs and procedures related to the work of the Office of Youth Ministry to ensure smooth and efficient operations of the office.
- Maintain updated database of youth ministry directors/coordinators and programs in the Archdiocese of New York.
- Anticipate and prepare materials needed by the office for conferences, training programs, correspondence, appointments, meetings, telephone calls, etc., and inform Director on matters to be considered.
- Help prepare and monitor budget expenses and receipts for Office of Youth Ministry events and projects including the processing of invoices.
- Engage in frequent communication with the regional coordinators.
- Assist in the coordination and registration of Office of Youth Ministry and Department of Youth Faith Formation events and programs.
- Maintain the office’s calendar, make appointments, schedule tentative appointments, and arrange for meeting rooms and sites.
- Update office website with calendar of events
- Order and maintain office supplies and resource materials as directed by the Director.
- Screen telephone calls, visitors, and incoming correspondence; and may determine dispositions of requests; refer calls and visitors to appropriate staff.
- Facilitate communication and prepare correspondence with the parish directors/coordinators of youth ministry.
- When required, attend and assist at various youth ministry events, requiring some nights and weekends.
- Occasionally book travel, hotel and secure stipends for invited speakers.
- Track employee vacation and personal days for the office.
- Collect and turn in employee timesheets and reimbursments once approved by the Director.
- Review materials prepared for director’s approval for typographical accuracy and proper format.
- Assist with additional clerical duties as needed.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong social and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be flexible and work well in a team
- Ability to multi-task
- Computer Proficient
- Proficiency in MS Office – Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, etc
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree
- Willingness to attend occasional weekend or evening events
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Marketing abilities. graphic design skills preferred
- Knowledge and use of Lawson Program is a plus