Archdiocese of New York
Employee Benefit Connections Office
Health & Welfare Coordinator
The Employee Benefit Connections Office (EBC) maintains the functional integrity and database accuracy of the Lawson Benefit Administration System. The position of Coordinator will focus on providing superior customer service to members of the organization. This position is deemed sensitive and agreement to absolute confidentially is required.
Director, Benefits Office
The position of Coordinator will focus on processing and updating benefits data for employees of all participating institutions within the Archdiocese of New York using the Lawson Data Base management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review all new hire data and amendments to ensure accuracy.
- Enter employee benefit data using the Lawson, United HealthCare and CVS/Health database systems.
- Handle high volume work flow during peak period.
- Process billing adjustments to monthly consolidation invoice.
- Handle distribution of monthly Coverage Continuation Right Letters and Health Exchange Notifications.
- Maintain a timely response rate to inquiries according to office standards.
- File data and perform other duties as assigned
- Two-year college degree
- Minimum 3 – 5 years’ relevant experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Highly proficient in Lawson HRIS preferred
- Multitask effectively during peak time and exercise patience and professionalism at all times.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication skills; written and verbal.
- Strong Team Player
- Proficient in Microsoft Word Suite
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: Cynthia.Figueroa@archny.org
Archdiocese of New York
Provide general clerical support. Specific duties include those delineated below:
- Type, process, and distribute all letters from HE.
- Process outgoing mail: after letters are approved and signed, make copies, type envelopes, distribute letters and file copies
- Request translations when needed, follow up on requests.
- Copy all Interoffice mail before distribution.
- File all Letters/Interoffice Correspondence processed including Alpha, front and back files.
- When requested by HE, or any ADNY Department provide backup materials.
- Order office supplies.
- Order Flowers when needed.
- Tickle File-follow up.
- Order gifts that HE sends for holidays.
- Order Occasion/Birthday/Ordination Cards through ICS.
- Type/process/create files for Wedding, Sympathy, Anniversary, Book/Gift thank you form letters, when needed due to work load request assistance with this.
- Monthly – send cards from HE to priests for their birthday and ordination.
- When mail is to be sent to HE while he is away copy all mail and arrange for FedEx pick up, and track delivery
- Pick up and deliver mail to the residence during the day.
- Back up phone support.
- Create & maintain Seminarian files
- Back up office support when needed
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: Ann.Bave@archny.org
Associate Director of Accounting – Department of Education
This position assists the Chief Accounting Officer (CAO) and Director of Accounting and Controller of the GRSS in the management, planning, and coordination of the financial operations of the Archdiocese of New York Department of Education (“DOE”).
- Work closely with the Chief Accounting Officer, the Director of Accounting and Financial Services and the Controller of the GRSS to ensure timely monthly closing of the books at month end, by utilizing the current methods for processing financial activity in the Lawson Financial System (used for general ledger and financial reporting), as well as other financial applications.
- Responsible for the Child Nutrition Program (CNP) and Archdiocese Drug Abuse Prevention Program (ADAPP) grant program financial reporting.
- Supervise DOE accounting staff for grants and DOE operations.
- Assist the Chief Accounting Officer in creating the annual budget.
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly financial management reports of the DOE and prepare periodic budget variance analysis and financial forecasts for review with the Superintendent of Schools office.
- Interact with various other Archdiocesan entities to ensure proper recognition of intercompany transactions.
- Prepare year-end DOE financial statements and account analyses, as needed and work closely with the outside independent public accounting firm in connection with year-end audits.
- Collaborate with members of the Archdiocesan and GRSS Finance Department team in the development and reporting of relevant financial and operational information and other special reports and ad hoc projects as requested by management.
- Provide assistance in the designing and implementation of policies and procedures.
Required Education, Experience and Skills
- BS in Accounting, a minimum of 4-5 years in public accounting, and 5-10 years’ experience in a not-for-profit institution. CPA mandatory.
- Exhibit strong accounting skills and solid communications skills, both orally and in preparing written financial reports.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, experience with Lawson Financial System a plus.
- Ability to multi-task, be detail & deadline oriented and highly organized.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: Matthew.Brellis@archny.org
Archdiocese of New York
Office of Young Adult Outreach
1011 First Avenue, New York, NY 10022 Tel: (212) 371-1011 Ext. 3159
Fax: (212) 371-3382 www.catholicnyc.com
Associate Program Leader 2
Office of Young Adult Outreach for the Archdiocese of New York
The Office of Young Adult Outreach works to connect Catholic young adults to resources, events, and likeminded peers, while simultaneously developing new initiatives in order to build the future of the Church. With the use of a powerful communications infrastructure- including thousands of contacts and a global website- the Office of Young Adult Outreach utilizes powerful and well branded marketing tools to serve young adults seeking Catholic resources.
Working with the largest Archdiocesan young adult outreach program in the country, the Associate Program Leader 2 serves as a reliable resource to the program and will work closely with the Associate Program Leader 1, Program Leaders, under the supervision of the Director, to manage the day to day running of the office and with planning and executing events. While the position often consists of office work, the Associate Program Leader 2 will also assist with event planning and preparations, as needed, and will attend and work some events.
- Perform all that is asked from the Director of Young Adult Outreach.
- Manage some administrative functions to ensure smooth and efficient operations of the department.
- Assist Associate Program Leader 1 with budget tracking, as needed.
- Maintenance of Young Adult Outreach Office (purchasing supplies, shredding, keeping organized, etc.)
- Charged with editing and, at times, preparing the weekly Catholic NYC email blast.
- Assist with the backend of the websites (i.e. approvals, disapprovals of submissions, etc.).
- Upload all events weekly on the backend of the website.
- Prepare all monthly and bi-monthly reports, including Presbyteral Council, Ministry Connections, etc.
- Create the graphic design for programs, flyers, etc. as needed.
- Assist in managing the Office’s social media accounts.
- Greet all visitors who come to the Young Adult Office.
- Answer phone calls.
- Respond to daily requests from young adults, providing resources and assistance.
- Assist in organizing recurring major events, such as March for Life bus, World Youth Day, etc.
- Assist with the Young Adult Mass.
- Assist with the Love & Responsibility Summer Series.
- Assist Program Leaders with planning and attending regional events, when needed.
- Attend and assist at various young adult events, requiring some nights and weekends.
- Attend all Leader Meetings and assist in planning them.
- Run table at Catholic Underground.
- Oversee and implement the office’s outreach to Hispanic young adults.
- Serve as point person for Hispanic young adult leaders.
- Make major office purchases, once approved.
- Prepare payments for all invoices to be approved.
- Attend to organized binders, filing and shredding documents, and updating all policies, procedures, and instructional documents, as needed.
- Edit correspondence, memos, email blasts, etc. when needed.
- Assist in communication with various vendors.
- Assist with various tasks that come up throughout the year.
- Maintain/track event supplies.
- Represent the Archdiocese in a professional and positive manner.
- Implement all that is asked from the Director.
- Opening the office in the morning, typically (time depends on evening events).
- Attend various young adult events as needed, requiring nights and weekends.
- Committed to live, and ability to articulate, the teachings of the Catholic Church.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong social and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent ability to follow directions.
- Ability to be flexible and work well in a team.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Traveling to different regions of the Archdiocese for events, when necessary.
- Proficiency in MS Office – Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Marketing abilities. Graphic design and photography skills preferred.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree.
- Bilingual English/Spanish is required.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: Kaitlyn.Colgan@archny.org
We are currently looking for a team to help build up a youth group and young adult program for a parish in Brewster New York. We also have other locations across the US.
Join Fully Alive to transform Parishes, Youth Groups, and Newman centers to help create missionaries.
When a parish is built up in a city it should be able to transform the culture it is in within months or even weeks. The only issue is it is not. Why is that? We have lost our understanding of everyones call to mission and how each person can transform culture and use their gifts. A parish/newman center should be the home base of the apostolate of the laity – the place where everyone can be made full and then go out to encounter others for Christ. Join us to help make that happen once again!
Join Fully Alive across the country with teams of 4-10 to transform communities through forming others in the faith, putting on events for the communities, and reaching out to others and inviting them in, and in all that – teaching others in the parishes to do the same!
– Single Missionaries: live with other team members and grow as you push one another in the faith and live out mission together.
– Married Missionaries: live out mission with your spouse and help encourage others couples in the community of the same reality! Help lead others in the faith through formation and events while being joined with the rest of your team!
– Family Missionaries: Help strengthen the Domestic Church by helping parents learn how to teach the faith and integrate it into the daily life of their family.
Do you feel the call to mission? Are you ready to change culture and help everyone embrace a life of mission? Join us to form missionaries in communities – for communities. Embrace a life of mission and help others be seen, heard, known, and loved so that they can help others encounter the same thing.
With Fully Alive invite others into formation groups to pour into one another and create missionaries. Together go out to put on events for the community to encounter and form!
Your role is to encounter the Lord and help others encounter Him. Essentially all the ministry work without the administration work!
– There will be days you’ll be pushed to your limit
– The world won’t understand you and they will tell you that you are crazy
– You’ll be pushed out of your comfort zone constantly
There is no doubt at times it will be hard – Jesus never said the narrow path was easy, He just that it would be worth it!
Our commitment and yours:
– Strengthen your interior life with daily prayer and community
– Endless joy and laughter
– Spiritual direction
– Constant guidance in mission
An awesome team!
Where the mission is:
These are our current missions we are working with so if you aren’t interested in moving to any location email me because we just might be in talks about coming to that area!
– New York
– And more!
Interested in applying?
Answer these two questions below and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Title it “Fully Alive Application”
– What is YOUR definition of a missionary?
– What do YOU think it means to live Fully Alive?
God bless, I look forward to talking with you soon!