The Child Nutrition Program is looking for an Administrative Assistant
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: Diana.Alvarez@archny.org.
Department of Education/Child Nutrition Program January 2019
TITLE: Administrative Assistant, Child Nutrition Program
REPORTS TO: Director, Child Nutrition Program
Under the direction of the Director, or designee, the position of an Administrative Assistant is to provide necessary support to the primary activities or operation of the Child Nutrition Program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
These duties include but are not limited to
- Answers all phone calls.
- Provides technical assistance to Director, Field Supervisors, and staff to implement program goals and objectives.
- Assists with the preparation of the invoices which includes but is not limited to stamping the invoices for approval and assisting with the preparation of vouchers.
- Maintain organized and accessible files such as paid invoices and all other relevant documents.
- Assists with assigned data entry projects and responsibilities such as the claims process.
- Communicates with food service staff, school administrators and vendors.
- Assists with payroll processing.
- Checks for accuracy of various reports.
- Develops and maintains relevant and assigned spreadsheets and documents.
- Performs multifaceted general office support.
- Assists with updating and maintaining the Master Book.
- Submits accurate and timely monthly reimbursement claims.
- Assists and maintains office schedules and conference room schedule.
- Assists with the purchasing of office supplies.
- Maintains an office supply inventory.
- Executes other duties assigned by the Director.
- Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Powerpoint, NYSED Knowledge Center, etc
- Demonstrate adequate knowledge and understanding of all regulations
- Deal with telephone and email inquiries.
- Photocopying and printing various documents on behalf of others colleagues
- Maintain records and prepare reports.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to follow through and follow up on calls and assignments.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal departments and external agencies.
- Analyze situations and take an effective course of action.
- Operate standard office equipment and computers.
- Meets schedules and timelines and works under pressure.
- Demonstrate use of good judgment in decision-making processes.
- Work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Maintain a neat and safe work environment.
- High degree of discretion dealing with confidential information.