Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: Oscar.Cruz@archny.org
Provide administrative and project support to the Director of the Catechumenate (RCIA) and Family Catechesis of the Archdiocesan Catechetical Office.
• Performs varied clerical duties requiring knowledge of office routine and an understanding of the organization, programs and procedures related to the work of the Catechetical Office.
• Anticipates and prepare materials needed by the Director for conferences, training programs, correspondence, appointments, meetings, telephone calls, etc., and informs Director on matters to be considered.
• Screens telephone calls, visitors, and incoming correspondence; and may determine dispositions of requests; refers calls and visitors to appropriate staff.
• Facilitates communication and prepares correspondence with the parish directors / coordinators of the Catechumenate (RCIA) as directed by the Director.
• Maintains the director’s calendar, makes appointments, scheduling tentative appointments, and arranges for meeting rooms.
• Reviews materials prepared for director’s approval for typographical accuracy and proper format.
• Orders and maintains office supplies and resource materials as directed by the Director.
• Helps prepare and monitor budget expenses and receipts for Catechumenate (RCIA) and Family Catechesis events and projects including the processing of invoices.
• Assists in the coordination and registration of the following annual Archdiocesan RCIA Ceremonies;
o Archdiocesan Rite of Election
o Cathedral RCIA Neophyte Mass.
• Assists in the coordination of the following Catechumenate (RCIA) initiatives:
o Basic Leadership Training for the Catechumenate (RCIA) and RCIA Catechist Institutes
o RCIA Advisory Council Meetings
o RCIA Network Gatherings
o Archdiocesan RCIA Forum
o Archdiocesan Adult Confirmation Program
• Assists in the coordination of the following Family Catechesis initiatives:
o Family Catechesis Advisory Council Meetings
o Family Catechesis Mentoring Program
o Archdiocesan Family Catechesis Professional Enrichment Day
• Assists in the coordination of the New York Catholic Bible Summit.
• Assists with additional clerical duties that may be required from the Director of the Catechetical Office including welcoming guests arriving at the Catechetical Office.
– Computer Proficiency
– Event Planning
– Proficient in English and Spanish
– Excellent organizational skills
– Willingness to attend occasional weekend or evening events
– College Degree preferred