Reports to: Regional Superintendent
Duties and Responsibilities:
● Ensure the organized, effective, and efficient completion of tasks of the Manhattan Regional Office.
● Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Regional Superintendent, including managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that are sometimes confidential.
● Oversee and manage all communications including coordination of Regional Superintendent’s phone lines, screen phone calls and visitors.
● Communicates directly, and on behalf of the Regional Superintendent, with principal, board members, donors, staff, and others, on matters related to Region’s programmatic initiatives.
● Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the Regional Superintendent, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
● Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matter expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
● Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the Regional Superintendent’s office and internal departments of the Archdiocese of New York Office of Catholic Education; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust, and support with senior staff.
● Works closely and effectively with the Regional Superintendent to keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
● Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the Regional office and manages a variety of special projects for the Regional Superintendent, some of which may have organizational impact.
● Maintain and monitor Regional social media in coordination with Regional Superintendent and DOE
● Oversee general office supplies, including the coordination of orders as needed.
● Complete other special projects and duties, as assigned.
● Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
● Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including principals, staff, board members, external partners, and donors.
● Expert level written and verbal communication skills.
● Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
● Proven flexible working style; with ability to work independently or as part of a team, carrying out multiple and diverse tasks concurrently.
● Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response.
● Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
● Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
Education and Experience Requirements:
● Bachelor’s degree required.
● Four years similar senior-level administrative work experience.
● Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint); Outlook; Google Apps including Drive, Doc and Sheets; Adobe Acrobat etc.
● Excellent oral and written communication skills.
● Courteous and professional communications style with all internal employees and external contacts.
● Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Compensation range for this position is: $24.72 – $27.47 per hour ($45k – 50k, annually).
This position is considered non-exempt and eligible for overtime.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: Anthony.Biscione@archny.org